Back in 2018 I went out to Denver to check out Uni Watch reader Tom Jacobsen’s incredible collection of Broncos memorabilia. It turns out that I’m not the only one interested in Tom’s collection. The History Colorado Center (yes, it’s an odd name) has a new Broncos-centric exhibit called “Mile High Magic,” and they got in touch with Tom to borrow some items from his collection. What an honor!
Tom provided me with this list of the items he loaned to the museum:
- John Elway 1985/1986 game-worn cold-weather road jersey
- Petersen’s Preview Pro Football (has Elway on the cover wearing the jersey listed above)
- Ken Carpenter 1960 game-worn jersey
- Striped socks from 1960/1961 seasons
- Floyd Little 1971 game-worn helmet
- Rod Smith 2004 game-worn helmet
- Phillip Lindssay 2020 game-worn gloves
- 1965 season ticket booklet from from Roy and Rose Marie Jacobsen (my mom and dad)
The exhibit looks really good. Here’s the introductory placard, along with some additional pics that Tom provided:
“They gave us a behind-the-scenes tour after we dropped everything off,” says Tom. “It was a bit like the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark — we were walking past a random shelf in one of the back rooms and the curator goes, ‘Oh, that’s Mussolini’s fez.’ Ha!”
Big congrats to Tom, and everyone else can take this post as Uni Watch’s official recommendation for you to check out this exhibit.