If you want a good illustration of how MLB belts have become completely non-uniform, look no further than this photo of the Texas Rangers’ All-Star contingent that the team tweeted tonight. Six players, six different designs! One at a time, from left to right:
- Nathan Eovaldi: black belt (or maybe very dark navy?), Nokona maker’s mark, red loop with uni number.
- Marcus Semien: royal blue belt, Nokona maker’s mark, blue loop with uni number.
- Jonah Heim: light-royal belt, extra-big buckle, no uni number.
- Adolis Garcia: navy belt, white loop with uni number.
- Corey Seager: blue elastic/leather belt, no uni number.
- Josh Jung: royal blue belt, red loop, no uni number.
Of course, we could also talk about the non-uniformity in the shoe colors and pant lengths. But I’m more wowed by the belt diversity!
(Big thanks to Cody Edwards for bringing this photo to my attention.)