Good morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Now then: The Jets’ nickname is Gang Green, but the Packers were the team that earned that moniker yesterday, as they wore their 1950s throwbacks while the Jets went with white jerseys over black pants for the third consecutive week. Lots of additional photos here and here.
In that same game, the chain gang members at Lambeau Field had personalized pinnies. Hadn’t noticed that before. Do any other teams’ chain crews do this?
After the game, which the Jets won, Jets defensive back Sauce Gardner walked around in a cheesehead (until Packers wideout Allen Lazard knocked it off his head):
In other news from around the league yesterday:
- Green Bay wasn’t the only team wearing throwbacks. Down in Atlanta, the Falcons wore theirs, including their new red throwback helmet (additional photos here; that noise you hear in the background is everyone saying, “They should wear these full-time”):
- Playing the Saints in New Orleans was a homecoming of sorts for two prominent Bengals players: quarterback Joe Burrow and wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase, who both played college ball at LSU. When arriving at the stadium, Burrow wore Chase’s jersey from the 2020 CFB National Championship game:
- Burrow’s parents also got in on the Louisiana fun by wearing jerseys with their NOBs spelled Cajun-style:
- Two notable things about the Panthers/Rams game in L.A.: First, the Rams wore their blue-over-yellow combo for the first time this season. And second, the Panthers wore white jerseys for the sixth time out of six games this season (and they’re scheduled to wear white for the next three weeks as well):
- Only one home team wore white: the Dolphins.
Tonight we have the Chargers hosting the Broncos, with the projected uni combos expected to be a case of beauty vs. the beast. (But I’ll be watching the Yanks/Guards game anyway.)
(My thanks to all contributors, including Mike Chamernik, @bryanwdc, and Phil.)