Good morning! After an extreeeeemely tumultuous week here at Uni Watch HQ, I’m happy to report that the Bulletin-to-Substack changeover is now complete, everything is ready to go, and my first Premium article — the NBA Season Preview — has now been published on Substack. You can read the first several paragraphs of it here. In order to read the entire thing, you’ll have to become a paying subscriber to my Substack content.
A few notes on all of this:
- If you were a Bulletin subscriber at any level (annual, monthly, free, email-workaround, UW+-bundled), you should have received an email from me yesterday afternoon, explaining what will happen to your subscription. If you did not receive that email (or if you have any other questions about your subscription to my Premium content), let me know asap and I’ll fill you in. If possible, please indicate whether your subscription was purchased via Facebook or from me.
- My complete archive of Bulletin articles has been imported to Substack and is now available on my Substack home page. The articles that were free are still free; the articles that were paywalled are still paywalled. All the photos and links are still there. The only things that didn’t carry over are the comments that had been posted on the various articles.
- Everything about my Premium content will be staying pretty much the same — same schedule (four feature-length articles per month), same subscription pricing (but with a few new wrinkles, which I’ll get to in a second), same types of content (interviews, rankings, season previews, etc.). Additional info here.
- One change from Bulletin: If you subscribe at the “Free” level, you will receive a partial view of every Premium article. Basically, you’ll be able to read a few paragraphs before the paywall kicks in and gives you one of those “Please subscribe to continue reading” prompts. Maybe this will entice you to subscribe, or maybe not. Either way, though, at least you’ll get a little taste of each Premium article.
- Another change: If you go to my subscription page, you’ll see that there’s an option called “Pay What You Wish” with a listed price of $100. That’s an option that Substack offers for people who want to support their favorite writers by paying more than the standard annual fee. The $100 number is, frankly, arbitrary — you can pay any amount, with no upper limit, as long as it’s more than the standard $35 fee. For example, if you pay $40 — just $5 more than the usual $35 — that would cover the Substack and Stripe fees that will otherwise be deducted from my revenue. But hey, if you want to pay $100, or a whole lot more, I’m not gonna stop you. (Of course, if you’d rather pay the standard $35 annual fee, that’s fine too. Any and all support is appreciated!)
- One result of all this: We can no longer offer the UW+/Premium bundle. UW+ is now just a stand-alone purchase (which is how most people have purchased it anyway).
I think that’s it. Thanks for rolling with all the changes, and of course feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or concerns.