The XFL — the zombie league that refuses to die — has announced the names and logos for the eight teams that will be participating when the league’s latest incarnation gets under way next February.
Here are the eight team identities and how they’ve been adjusted, if at all, from XFL 2.0 in 2020:
- Arlington Renegades: Had previously been Dallas Renegades.
- D.C. Defenders: Carried over from XFL 2.0.
- Houston Roughnecks: Carried over from XFL 2.0.
- Orlando Guardians: Had previously been New York Guardians.
- St. Louis Battlehawks: Carried over from XFL 2.0.
- San Antonio Brahmas: New team entry.
- Seattle Sea Dragons: Had previously been Seattle Dragons (but have now apparently learned to swim).
- Vegas Vipers: Had previously been Tampa Bay Vipers.
And here are the logos and “storytelling” silliness for each team:
St. Louis Battlehawks
San Antonio Brahmas
Seattle Sea Dragons
No word yet on the uniforms. The league is scheduled to begin play on Feb. 18 — six days after the Super Bowl.