Christmas is just five days away, so maybe not enough time to get this onto your tree (does Santa use FedEx?) but check out this terrific-looking Dallas Cowboys 3D Stadium Ornament. That’s a cool design, a “3D” rendering of JerryWorld™. The seller also has these for the Saints, Bucs, Texans, and KC and their respective stadiums. Each says “Here’s to a Wonderful Season” on the back side.
Now for the rest of this week’s picks:
- One more from America’s team: When I was growing up, we had one of these Cowboys KRLD stickers on the back of our station wagon.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers logo is inside the NFL shield for this 1985 pin from Sears Roebuck & Co.
- This pair of 1960s Boston Celtics glasses says “World Champions.” And how — they won a staggering nine titles that decade.
- This is a vaguely frightening-looking St. Louis (baseball) Cardinals “Buddy Big League” doll. Kinda resembles those old ventriloquist dummies, and it sings “Take Me Out to the Ball Game.”
- Here’s a 1950s New York (baseball) Giants pencil topper. Made from plastic with a “metallic finish.”
- How about the rather day-glo look to this 1960s Wilson NFL football poster? Play to win with Wilson!
- You too can be an official member of the 1986 San Diego Padres with this Pepsi promo gear bag.
- I remember seeing this exact 1970s Fran Tarkenton Puma promo poster at a sporting goods store in Milford, Ohio. “Beconta” refers to their American distributor.
- Another Tarkenton item here: this Sears No. 10 Vikings jersey from Rawlings, which will forever remind me of the late Mary Tyler Moore.
- And finally, in honor of the annual airing of A Christmas Story, we have this Red Ryder 80th-Anniversary BB gun. You’ll shoot your eye out!
That’ll do it for this edition of CC. See you back here next week, and a very Merry Christmas to all!