In today’s ticker, we’ve got the debut of the Bengals’ white helmets, an anniversary patch in the NHL, and a subtle uni protest.
- Papa Emeritus IV, the stage name of Tobias Forge, lead singer of Swedish metal band Ghost, threw out the first pitch at a White Sox game in full Sox uniform, complete with stirrups, and his trademark facepaint. (From Michael Pisano Jr. and Benjamin Grix)
- I’m loath to praise Apple TV’s MLB broadcast, but they did use era-accurate Yankees logos in this graphic. (From Dave Lewanda)
- The Bengals practiced in their white helmets yesterday.
- ESPN has an article on the history of Brownie the Elf. (From John Flory and Kary Klismet)
- Lions HC Dan Campbell says the team will wear grey pants this weekend after winning while wearing grey pants last weekend. (From Mike Chamernik)
- New unis for the Patriots’ cheerleaders. (From Kary Klismet)
- The NFL has forced DirecTV to change the uniform Dak Prescott is wearing in his ad, changing it from navy blue to purple. (From Rand Martin)
- Capitals RW TJ Oshie appears to have the black parts of his collar removed. Here’s Alex Ovechkin for comparison. (From Brandon Weir)
- Sticking with the Capitals, it appears their mascot Slapshot will not have an ad patch. (From @RivalsMD)
- The Hurricanes have revealed their 25th anniversary patch, on the sweater’s right shoulder. (From Wade Heidt and William I. Wells)
- New unis for the SJHL’s La Ronge Ice Wolves. The team has added purple to its uniforms. (From Wade Heidt)
- Canada’s iconic 1972 sweaters were designed in under 24 hours. (From Will Scheibler)
- Australia: New kits for Perth Glory. (From Kary Klismet)
- Egypt: New away kits for Zamalek. (From Kary Klismet)
- Greece: Second-tier side Kallithea FC have some gorgeous new shirts. (From Ed Zelaski)
- Canadian ST Jonathan David covered the Nike logo on his shirt after he scored against Qatar in a friendly yesterday. Nike is not making new kits for the Canadian team ahead of their first World Cup appearance in 36 years. David even double-checked to make sure he would cover the Nike logo and not the Canadian crest.
- Florida Gulf Coast University has unveiled a new school logo that incorporates its athletics mascot. (From Kary Klismet)
More on Uni Watch