In Today’s Ticker: Yet another “Best and Worst” NFL uniforms list, NBA 2K23 has leaked some NBA uniforms, and a MLBer jacked one with a gum wrapper stuck to his helmet.
- Not sure if this was a teammate’s prank or what, but Carlos Santana had a Double Bubble gum wrapper stuck to his batting helmet in the 7th inning last night — and hit a home run! (thanks, Paul)
- You can vote on a new outfield design for the Baltimore Orioles. (From Marcus Hall)
- Check out this St. Louis Cardinals “Property of” stamp. (From Kevin Eckhoff, who adds “I don’t think I ever recall seeing this inside a Cardinals jersey.”)
- Last night, FOX was using the old “Indians” C during the Twins-Guardians broadcast. (From Daniel McDowell)
- After seeing the recent article on the Philly Inquirer’s interactive uniform editor, Patrick (no last name given) commented on the many different shades of midnight green the Eagles have had through the years. This was posted on an Eagles message board, showing the differences in shading with different jersey manufacturers.
- ICYMI: Cleveland Browns are going with their “classic” orange/brown/white combo today vs. the Carolina Panthers.
- The Eagles will go with green/white/green today vs. the Detroit Lions.
- The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has a Q&A-style article addressing several uni-related aspects of the Green Bay Packers’ team identity and history. (From Kary Klismet)
- What are the best and worst uniforms in the history of each NFL team? Here’s one writer’s list. (From Kary Klismet)
- ICYMI: The Steelers will wear a #3 decal on their helmets to honor Dwayne Haskins.
- Liberty University has made several upgrades to its stadium, including new turf and a logo-emblazoned, graded berm for overflow seating behind the south end zone. (From Kary Klismet)
- For this weekend’s game between the Saskatchewan Roughriders & Winnipeg Blue Bombers, both teams wearing helmet decals acknowledging the recent Saskatchewan mass homicide. (From Wade Heidt)
- Different look for the Calgary Stampeders in Edmonton last night for their Labour Day rematch with the Elks. Wearing alternate uniform helmet decals with their regular road uniforms. Silver horse and barbed wire still on. (From Wade Heidt)
- West Branch (Iowa) High School wore what it called “throwback” (probably more accurately “fauxback”) jerseys on Friday night featuring stipes in its old green and blue team colors to honor the program’s history. (From Kary Klismet)
- Ohhh! Check out this awesome game used Southern California Sun WFL Riddell Pac 3 Football Helmet. (From Helmet Archeology)
- Here is the new mask for St. Louis Blues’ Jordan Binnington for upcoming season. (From Wade Heidt).
- Checking out the new mask for the Canucks Spencer Martin. Flying V in the blue and green. Good, simple design the way a goalie mask should be. (From Wade Heidt) Here’s a more detailed look.
- The San Jose Sharks will officially unveil their new uniforms on Wednesday.
- New Vermont Cats jerseys with a VT flag on the back. Very cool! (From Brady Farkas)
- The Moose Jaw Warriors have unveiled their great newly redesigned jerseys and logo starting for this season. Uni Watch has seen them already. The Indigenous-themes logo of the silhouette of a man in a headdress replaced by the new jet logo. However, the Warriors are still wearing their old uniforms in the preseason. Except there is a change. The old headdress primary logo which appeared on the shoulder of the black jersey has been replaced with the new primary logo. Here are some photos. (From Wade Heidt)
- The WHL’s Everett Silvertips have unveiled new uniforms as part of their 20th anniversary celebration. (From Wade Heidt)
- The NWSL’s Washington Spirit wore rainbow numbers today and the starting lineup also posed with a pride flag for their pre-match photo. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- From an interview with US Men’s National Team coach Gregg Berhalter, the team will be bringing a recovery lab to the World Cup in Qatar that has infrared beds, float tanks and a hyperbaric chamber. Staff will also include barbers and a barista. (From Texas Trev)
- Ghana: Dreams FC have unveiled their new unis for the 2022-23 season.
- New costumed mascot for San Antonio College. (From Kary Klismet)
- Valparaiso University has two new canine-themed costumed mascots. (From Kary Klismet)
- New costumed mascot for Forest Hills High School in Sidman, Pa. (Kary, again)
- The organizers for the 2023 European Games in Poland are inviting children aged 5 to 15 to help design a mascot for the event. (Kary, once again)
- Here’s an interesting piece on the history of Star Trek‘s minidress uniform. (From Kary)