Today in the Ticker: Tomatoes in the Baltimore bullpen, a Premier Lacrosse League playoff uni recap, an Olympics-banned swimming cap for Black hair gets a competitive green light, and you’ll never guess which NFL team UK Instagrammers think has the best unis.
- Orange/black/white/orange for the Bengals this week. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- Sadly, no anime-themed reveal this time, but here’s the Chargers’ uni schedule. (Also from Phil)
- NFL UK Instagram followers have ranked the Rams’ uniforms as the best in the league. Yes, seriously. (From @BraydenTeeter)
- Ravens DE Brent Urban will cover the cost for fans who bought his jersey with his old number. Urban recently switched from No. 68 to No. 97. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- The NFL Network brought out every Super Bowl ring for last night’s opening kickoff show. (From Philip Brown)
- New sod for Soldier Field. (From David Raglin)
- Speaking of Solider Field: The Bears unveiled their latest plans to leave Chicago’s city limits, which include a proposed domed stadium in Arlington Heights.
- A new Sharks uni set has leaked. It’s not yet clear if it will be worn this season or next season. Additional info here. (From Richard Craig)
- New mask for Capitals G Darcy Kuemper. (From multiple readers)
- New Happy Gilmore-themed mask for Bruins G Keith Kinkaid. (From @uniformnerd)
- This sportswriter thinks the Kings should go back to their original purple/yellow color scheme. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- New mask for the PHF’s Metropolitan Riveters G Eveliina Mäkinen. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- Over the weekend the USWNT played a friendly against Nigeria. D Sofia Huerta appeared to be the only player who tucked in her shirt. (From Julie Streeter)
- The NWSL’s Kansas City Current are building their own stadium, which will be the first one built specifically for an NWSL club. They’ve released some renderings. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- England: Arsenal wore black against Manchester United over the weekend and arrived with black socks. Man U wore black socks as well, so a quick solution was found: store-bought regular Adidas socks in grey. (From Timmy Steffes)
- England: Teams in the English women’s top two tiers are planning to continue to kneel before games, even though it’s mostly stopped in the Premier League. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- Brazil: New shirts for Vasco Da Gama. (From Trevor Williams)
- Here’s a video on how the Adidas Predator became “the boot that changed football.” (From John Flory)
- The Ferrari crew will wear yellow at the Italian Grand Prix this weekend. (From our own Anthony Emerson)
- Here’s another article on the controversial balls used for the women’s matches at the U.S. Open.
- The University of Wisconsin women’s volleyball team has unveiled their championship rings and banner for winning the 2021 NCAA Division I national title. (From Kary Klismet)
- A recap from the weekend’s first round of the Premier Lacrosse League playoffs: A mono-black set for Chaos in the upset over Chrome in their chrome/light gradient uni. The Redwoods wore mono-white and were sent home by the Archers in blue/orange/blue. The last game featured the Waterdogs in purple/purple/white defeating Atlas, who wore mono-white for the first time this season. (From Jared Buccola)
- The Australian Football League Women’s Indigenous round is next weekend, so some designs are starting to come out. Here are the designs for Richmond, Port Adelaide, Sydney, and Carlton. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- Reader Kenn Tomasch found this speedskating photo from a March 1950 edition of the Brooklyn Daily Eagle. According to Kenn, the uniforms look, “part pajama, part Billy Batson, part superhero.” They were both on the Queensboro Skating Club, which explains the “SC” on their uniforms.
- A swim cap designed for Black natural hair has been approved for competition after being banned at the Tokyo Olympics.
- The famous late comedian George Carlin once did a uniform-related bit! You can hear it from 23:58 to 25:51 of this recording. (From our own Jerry Wolper)
- Simon Fraser University athletics teams will now be called the Red Leafs. They dropped their original name, Clan, in 2020. (From Wade Heidt)
- The mascot for this year’s Paralympic Bocce World Championships has been revealed. (From Kary Klismet)
- New blue gym floor for Caldwell County High School in Princeton, Ky. (From Josh Claywell)
- New logos for the new D.C. Departments of Buildings and Licensing and Consumer Protection. (From @bryanwdc)