In today’s Ticker: An MLB star shaves his beard, an NHL throwback returns for another season, and more.
- Left over from the weekend: Colorado CB Travis Hunter wore two different helmets Saturday. (From Ryan Hess)
- Here’s every uniform combination Tennessee has worn since head coach Josh Heupel took over the team in 2021. (This, and the next two items are from our own Phil Hecken)
- New alternates for FIU will debut this week.
- North Dakota State will honor a fallen Fargo police officer this week with a helmet decal.
- Mississippi State has a new live bulldog mascot named Dak. (From Kary Klismet)
- Fans sitting in Penn State’s student section get fabric wristbands instead of paper tickets, which has sparked a debate on campus. (From William F. Yurasko)
- Air Force is about to spend $270 million on stadium upgrades.
- Australian Football League club St. Kilda’s men’s team wore a 150th-anniversary design earlier this season. They’re breaking it out again for a home playoff game next weekend. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- The Sabres will wear their black “goat head” alternates 15 times this season, although the exact dates have not yet been announced. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- Here are the sweaters the Charlotte Checkers, affiliate of the Panthers, will wear for the Queen City Outdoor Classic. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- The band Pearl Jam did a show in St. Paul recently and had custom sweaters available based on the World Hockey Association’s St. Paul Fighting Saints. (From Adam Crowson)
- Spain: Looks like Real Madrid has misspelled MF Jude Bellingham’s name on his locker. (From our own Anthoney Emerson)
- England: Manchester United youth team goalie Safia Middleton-Patel just went public with her diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. As part of that, she’s adding the puzzle piece symbol to her boots and gloves. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- New unis for the South Africa men’s national team. (From our own Phil Hecken)