In today’s Ticker: Philippine college basketball unis, a new place for Stargell Stars, and the Ravens going Color Rush.
- Pirates C Tony Peña wore his Stargell Stars on the brim of his catcher’s helmet in 1982. It makes perfect sense, since Peña didn’t wear a regular cap, but I don’t recall seeing this before! (From Scott Chamberlain)
- Not quite uni related, but during yesterday’s Phillies/Cubs game, the wrong count was shown on the CF scoreboard — 3-1, instead of 2-1. When the next pitch was a ball, Phillies SS Jean Segura mistakenly thought it was ball four, jogged to second, and was tagged out. (From Mike Chamernik)
- The Trenton Thunder, now of the MLB Draft League, will take the field in a uniform designed by a student with disabilities for one game next season. (From John Cerone)
- The Ravens are going purple-over-purple this weekend. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced that their stadium will have a single orange seat in honor of Canada’s National Day of Truth and Reconciliation. “The single orange seat will remain unsold. Meant to honour those who never made it home from the residential schools,” writes Wade Heidt. The Roughriders and Blue Bombers will also be wearing orange warmup jerseys this weekend.
- Here’s something I don’t think we’ve ever featured on Uni Watch before: a ranking of Philippine college basketball unis. (From @DiegoDLPonAir)
- The WHL has announced a partnership with the Orange Shirt Society, a Canadian Indigenous rights group. From today through Oct. 9, WHL players and officials will wear the WHL Truth and Reconciliation logo in the form of a helmet decal to generate awareness of the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, which is today. (From Ted Arnold)
- Scotland: Scotland’s national teams have a new crest for the 150th anniversary of the first men’s international. (Thanks, Jamie)
- England: West Bromwich Albion’s women’s team, who play in the English third tier FA Women’s National League Northern Premier Division, are immediately switching to wearing blue shorts instead of white to prevent the possibility of the players visibly bleeding on them during periods. That’s the very good reason why not many women’s teams regularly wear white shorts. (Thanks, Jamie)
- NASCAR Truck Series driver Chase Purdy will feature an Ole Miss mesh jersey-styled paint scheme for the upcoming event at Talladega. (From Christopher Hickey)
- In “can’t unsee” news, Mississippi State’s logo is slightly off-center, and it will infuriate me until they fix it. (From Aaron Telecky)
- The gas/convenience chain Wawa is accusing a New Jersey congressional candidate of poaching their logo.
- Reader Tyler Kulasza’s hometown of Granite City, Ill., is getting in on Pinktober by issuing pink uniform patches to police officers.