In today’s Ticker, we’ve got stirrups in the NFL, throwback attire for the Mets’ broadcasters, and more!
- Dodgers P Lance Lynn’s number was ridiculously askew during a recent game. (From Zac Neubauer)
- Mets announcers Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling wore 1970s-inspired suits in honor of the longtime Mets broadcasting trio of Bob Murphy, Lindsey Nelson, and Ralph Kiner. The original trio announced together for 18 years, and Cohen, Hernandez and Darling are wrapping their 18th season together.
- The Orioles have already added their AL East title to their championship wall at Camden Yards. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- Montclair State University’s Yogi Berra Stadium is slated for major renovations. (From Kary Klismet)
- Here’s a tremendous photo of Bart Starr and Zeke Bratkowski wearing stirrups beneath their socks, as was common in the NFL at the time. (From Michael Clary)
- Whoa, check out the cap John Madden’s wearing in this undated photo. I don’t recall seeing any Raiders gear with just that monogrammed “R” before. Can anyone shed any light? (From @NFL_Journal)
- This screengrab from an early-aughts Giants game features Dan Campbell either in Rich Seubert’s helmet or with some of the “8” sticker removed. (From @NYG_NYR85)
- The 49ers produced a video featuring some players explaining the stories behind their uni numbers. (Thanks, Phil)
- Here’s what the Ravens will be wearing this weekend in Cleveland. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- Seahawks will wear go mono-white (except helmets, natch) on Monday Night against the Giants.
- The USFL and XFL plan to merge. The two leagues currently share one market, Houston, so at least some logistics have to be worked out there — hard to imagine both the Roughnecks and the Gamblers surviving.
- Canucks G Casey DeSmith is still wearing his old Penguins mask and pads in preseason. (From Wade Heidt)
- A new arena proposed as part of a resort casino expansion in Reno could be the new home of the University of Nevada’s basketball teams. (From Kary Klismet)
- England: Arsenal women have their own second shirt, separate from the men’s team, although it was launched with only photos of men’s team players wearing it. (Thanks, Jamie)
- Spain: Real Madrid has launched an online “memorabilia portal” celebrating the team’s history that will, among other things, allow fans to buy the seats that are being replaced at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium. (From Kary Klismet)
- This video explores the eight primary uniforms worn by cadets at The Citadel. (From Kary Klismet)
- The U.S. Senate has passed an official dress code after last week’s kerfuffle about John Fetterman wearing hoodies on the chamber floor. Fetterman says he will adhere to the new rules. (From Kary Klismet)