In today’s Ticker: A surprising use of Eagles jerseys, a possible NFL/MLS stadium location switcheroo, and more.
- The Twins wore yellow ribbons last night along with yellow ribbon patches for childhood cancer awareness. The club also used drawings of the club’s starting lineup made by patients from a local children’s hospital. The opposing A’s also wore the yellow ribbons.
- A sportswriter wants teams to see a revival of vest jerseys. (From multiple readers)
- Left over from last week: Orioles rookies dressed up as Mr. Splash, the team’s official mascot of the Bird Bath section at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. (From Stephen Murphy)
- New trend: Philadelphia-area women are wearing Eagles jerseys for boudoir photoshoots. (From Jason Criss)
- Here’s yet another ranking of the league’s alternate uniforms. (From Kary Klismet)
- Although the 49ers are using Nike’s new tailoring template for their primary red and white jerseys, they’re using the old template for their red throwbacks. (Good spot by @NFLonPrime)
- Here’s the latest on the Bears’ potential new stadium in the Arlington Heights suburbs.
- A Denver-based sportswriter has suggested that the best solution for the Broncos and MLS’s Colorado Rapids, who are both considering new stadiums, may be to swap venue locations.
- Here is the sweater the Madison Capitols of the USHL will wear for Dollar Beer Nights this season.
- The Seattle Sounders are exploring options for a new stadium in the suburbs. (From Kary Klismet)
- Joe Davis Stadium, the home pitch of Hunstville City FC of MLS Next Pro, is now home to a rocket engine, donated by NASA for long-term display. (Also from Kary)
- Cross-listed from the football section: A Denver-based sportswriter has suggested that the best solution for the NFL’s Denver Broncos and the Colorado Rapids, who are both considering new stadiums, may be to swap venue locations.
- England: Aston Villa players are complaining that their shirts weigh them down too much when they get wet with sweat. (From our own Anthony Emerson)
- England: New rainbow-themed shirts for Everton. (From David Raglin)
- Germany: Hertha is unveiling what appears to be a black kit later today. (From Ed Zelaski)
- Serbia: Belgrade’s Rajko Mitić Stadium is set for a $205 million upgrade. (From Kary Klismet)
- The Australia national team will now have First Nations designs on all their uniforms. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- Air India’s new uniforms will be created by fashion designer Manish Malhotra and will likely phase out the carrier’s traditional sarees for female cabin crew. (This and the next three items are from Kary Klismet)
- Three University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire students have created an on-campus exhibit on the history of the school’s costumed mascot, Blu.
- Here’s a short history of the Microsoft Windows logo.
- Here’s the story behind Furman University’s logo. (From Russell Lee)
- Gross: Yesterday’s episode of Jeopardy! had an entire category on corporate arena names. (From Ron Ruelle)