In today’s Ticker, we’ve got the NBA Champs going sans uni ad, some notes from the latest round of European soccer matches, and more!
- Hmmm, think there were enough patches on Giants OF debutant Tyler Fitzgerald’s sleeve last night? (From @AngryKruk)
- During the All Elite Wrestling event on Long Island on Wednesday night, hometown wrestler Maxwell Jacob Freedman wore a heavily Mets-themed outfit, with references to the NFL’s Giants, Jets, and Bills on his entrance jacket. (From Jeff Wilk)
- Also posted in the college football section: Rays P Jake Diekman wore a Nebraska football helmet on the field prior to yesterday’s game. Diekman is a Nebraska native, and had a full baseball scholarship offer from the school that he declined in order to go pro. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- The Ravens will go black-purple-black at home against the Colts. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- Yesterday’s episode of the ESPN Daily podcast was about Notre Dame’s green jerseys. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- LSU players will wear No. 3 helmet decals this weekend in support of DB Greg Brooks Jr., who had emergency surgery recently to remove a large tumor. (Thanks, Phil)
- Cross-posted from the MLB section: Rays P Jake Diekman wore a Nebraska football helmet on the field pre-game yesterday. Diekman is a Nebraska native and had a full baseball scholarship offer from Nebraska, which he declined to go pro. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- Here are this weekend’s uni sets for Tennessee, New Mexico, Mizzou, South Alabama (featuring a new helmet), Washington State, and Oregon State,
- With the NHL season around the corner, a blogger has ranked every NHL uniform set. (From Kary Klismet)
- The rink for the NHL Global Series game in Melbourne will be built at Rod Laver Arena, home of the Australian Open, so the ice design features some very nice tennis references. (From Wade Heidt)
- More new goalie masks, this time for Senators G Joonas Korpisalo and Sabres G Devon Levi. (From Wade Heidt)
- New pads for Wisconsin G Kyle McClennan, featuring the skyline of Madison. (From Wade Heidt)
- The Nuggets are apparently without a uni advertiser, and have even gone the extra mile to scrub the ad patch from old photos — a surprisingly positive development, considering we’ve often seen the reverse happen. “I’m sure there are wheels turning to get another deal in place, but I’m going to relish this ad-free bliss for my NBA Champion team while I can,” says Andrew Monson.
- The Canadian Premier League has introduced two new trophies, with the CPL Shield going to the regular season champion, and the North Star Cup replacing the North Star Shield for the playoff champion. (From Wade Heidt)
- England: Brighton and Hove Albion keeper Jason Steele wore the club’s second kit from two seasons ago/third kit from last season, rather than the standard keeper’s kit. More details here. (Thanks, Jamie)
- England: Aston Villa went sans betting ad for their Europa Conference League trip to Legia Warszawa in Poland. Poland has laws restricting gambling advertisements.
- Scotland: Also in the Europa Conference League, Aberdeen wore last season’s second shirt for the second game in a row. This time it appeared with white shorts and socks that they don’t otherwise wear. “They didn’t really match — the shirt had red accents, the shorts and socks had black accents, the shirt had red numbers, and the shorts had black numbers. It didn’t bother me that much but I know that’s the kind of thing that would annoy the shit out of some readers,” says our own Jamie Rathjen.