In Today’s Ticker: The Golden Knights live up to their name, an NFL QB tries to trademark his slogan, and Pearl Jam still has issues with the SuperSonics leaving Seattle.
- Mono-black this week for Ohio State.
- Mono-white this week for Virginia. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- Throwbacks for Maryland on Oct. 1. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- White/white/blue for West Virginia this week. (Also from Phil)
- Clemson has published a history of Memorial Stadium in honor of its 80th anniversary. (From Kary Klismet)
- Kennesaw State is giving fans replica championship rings to celebrate its 2021 Big South conference title. (Also from Kary)
- Confirming a move that was already an open secret, the Golden Knights are redesignating their gold alternate as their primary sweater. They also have a new gold center ice logo. (From multiple readers)
- Speaking of open secrets, we got another clue about the Oilers’ Reverse Retro McFarlane/”oil drip” design. (From Wade Heidt)
- Sharks players in yesterday’s Rookie Faceoff game wore last season’s jerseys and socks (note the orange trim) with this season’s new pants and helmets. (From Jared Buccola)
- With the Coyotes playing at Arizona State’s arena, the center ice design will feature the team’s logo and the school’s logo. (From Steve Sher)
- Here’s a time-lapse video of the Capitals’ ice surface being prepared for the new season. (From William Yurasko)
- The Knicks have tweaked their shades of blue and grey. Old shades on left, new shades on right.
- New wordmark for the Timberwolves. They’ve also gotten rid of one of their secondary logos. (From Conrad Burry)
- Pearl Jam’s set list for a recent show in Oklahoma City shows that the Seattle-based band is still bitter about their old NBA team moving to OKC. (From Kurt Esposito)
- New unis for BYU men’s. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- New Oktoberfest-themed shirt for FC Tulsa of the USL Championship. (From @mattgwillison)
- Italy: San Siro, the home stadium of AC Milan and Inter, will be demolished to make way for a new stadium to open in 2027. (From our own Anthony Emerson)
- Brazil: New shirt for Palmeiras. (From Trevor Williams)
- Tunisia: New kits for ES Tunis. (From Kary Klismet)
- Portugal: In yesterday’s Women’s Champions League match vs. Rangers, Benfica’s Nycole Raysla had to use a makeshift No. 28. She plays with No. 9 domestically but is registered with 28 in UEFA. (From @MikeDfromCT)
- An Australian Football League player was reunited with a guernsey he wore in 1983. (From Jeremy Brahm)
- A concrete company in Arkansas is using the Arkansas State University logo but is named after the University of Arkansas mascot. (From Sean, who didn’t give his last name)
- A scholastic sports website is holding a bracket-style competition for fans to vote on the country’s most unique high school team names. (This, along with the next two items, are from Kary Klismet)
- Iowa State has unveiled renderings of a proposed entertainment district called “CYTown,” to be built between Jack Trice Stadium and Hilton Coliseum.
- CNN has a history of the UK’s Royal Family mourning dress codes.