In today’s ticker, the
Blue Red Jays are back, every World Cup team but Canada has a new kit for the World Cup, and a French Rugby team got City Connect jerseys 40 years before the Colorado Rockies did.
In today’s ticker, the
- The Texas Rangers have announced the activities to honor Tom Grieve, who will retire from the club’s broadcast booth after this season. The Rangers will honor Grieve on Sept. 25, and will wear 1972 throwbacks for the occasion.
- Superstitious or just a little stitious: Toronto Blue Jays P Jose Berrios choose the red jerseys for the 3rd consecutive home outing. (From Lee Wilds) — Here’s a game pic.
- Special Milwaukee Brewers ticketholders received soccer jerseys yesterday. (From That One Guy)
- The New Orleans Saints will wear mono-black today vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Bucs will counter with pewter/white/pewter.
- Rams K Matt Gay was fined in week one for wearing short-shorts. So he poked fun at the fine in practice by wearing oversized pants.
- This YouTube video ranks all 32 NFL helmets from worst to first.
- The Browns gave everyone an up close look at how big a job it is to lay — and prep — a brand new NFL field. (From Jerry Wolper)
- Ernie Holmes of Pittsburgh and Don Parrish of KC at one time shaved arrowheads into their heads. (from Pro Football Journal)
- The Univ of Maryland announced it’s sold the naming rights to its football stadium to credit union SECU for at least $11 million for the next 10 years. The stadium will officially be renamed SECU Stadium on Oct. 22. (From Ole TD)
- The Ontario Fury of the MASL are now the Empire Strykers. Empire is the name of the state that the Fury’s owner has suggested for the region that would breakaway from California. (From Brandon Sparks)
- Canada: The Canadians will be the only team without a new kit for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Here’s why.
- Here’s another of the (sure to be) many World Cup jersey kits.
- El Clásico in Mexico. Club America wearing Mexican flag colors for their numbers (Mexican Independence Day is Sept. 16). (From Hector Cendejas)
- Sharks F Thomas Bordeleau loves the San Jose Sharks’ new teal helmets. He thinks they’re “sick.”
- Check out this old NHL Standings board on display at Buffalo Sabres Fanfest. (From Helmet Addict)
- NHL executive Keith Wachtel used 1984 level doublespeak on ads in the NHL: “We still have tasteful ice. We have tasteful boards. We’ve done this very tastefully too.” (From Texas Trev, via Wafflebored)
- Interesting mishmash here, Sharks wearing new shorts and helmets with old jersey and socks. (From Rear Factory)
- Section Paloise, a French rugby team had the Rockies city edition jerseys forty years before Colorado did. (From Mole)