September already? In today’s Ticker we have a Premier League team’s jersey featured in an unexpected match, new unis for one of college hockey’s premier programs, and more!
- Some old Washington Senators baseball bats were found during a home purchase. Considering they’re branded as “compliments of the Washington Senators,” these were probably given to fans or sponsors. (From Bryan Martin Firvida)
- Interesting article on how walk-off victory celebrations used to focus on the player who scored the winning run but now focus on the player who had the game-winning hit.
- The Portland Sea Dogs, Double-A affiliates of the Red Sox, threw it back to the 1990s and their era as the Marlins’ affiliates last night.
- The Commanders’ new ownership group is not going back to the team’s pre-2020 name. (From multiple readers)
- Reader Javier Bañuelos noticed that the NFL’s new ASL T-shirt campaign seems to incorrectly use the “I love you” sign. For example, the T-shirts can be read as “I ‘I love you’ Bills”. “Maybe someone who is fluent in ASL can help clarify,” asks Javier.
- The Eagles have announced new jersey number assignments. (From Sam McKinley)
- The Giants have announced their uniform schedule. (Thanks, Phil)
- Certain Virginia players will wear memorial patches for Lavel Davis Jr., Devin Chandler and D’Sean Perry, the three Cavaliers killed during a shooting last November. The patches are not assigned to every player. Instead, players who wear Nos. 1, 15, or 41 get the corresponding patch for the victim who wore that number. (Thanks, Phil)
- During last night’s Florida/Utah game, on a Utah 4th-and-3 punt, Florida accidentally sent out two players wearing No. 3. This is a five-yard penalty, and gave the Utes a fresh set of downs. (From Matt Rashford)
- Texas A&M will honor longtime DL coach Terry Price with “TP” at the 25-yard line this season. Price, who died in June, was 55 and spent 25 years with the Aggies. (Thanks, Phil)
- A group of Oklahoma state legislators were given custom Sooners jerseys corresponding with their district numbers. (From Alex M. Shirley)
- Minnesota is adding a memorial decal for Bud Grant. (Thanks, Phil)
- Here are this week’s uni combos for Ole Miss, Eastern Kentucky, West Virginia, and Arizona State. (Thanks to all who shared)
- Keiser, a small NAIA school, has added school name to their helmet. They previous had just the logo, not the name. (From a reader who didn’t give their name)
- The Baton Rouge Zydeco, the newest team in the Federal Prospects Hockey League, have unveiled their inaugural sweaters. (From Joel Manuel)
- Penn State men will add NOBs to their unis this year. (Thanks, Phil)
- The Welsh team in the UK’s Netball Super League, formerly known as Celtic Dragons, changed its name to “Cardiff Dragons.” It has pretty much the same logo, which is only a year or so old. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- The USMC’s camouflage shortage likely won’t be resolved until 2024. (From Tom Turner)