In today’s Ticker: Going to get coffee in full uniform, some great videos of jerseys being lettered up, and more.
- A bunch of Tigers players went to a local Starbucks in full uniform. (Thanks, Phil)
- The Rangers saluted outgoing broadcaster Tom Grieve — who’s also a former Rangers player and GM — by wearing 1970s throwbacks for yesterday’s season finale. (From Will Lanigan)
- For the first game of yesterday’s doubleheader, the Orioles paired their white-paneled home cap with their black alternate jersey — an unusual combo, notes Andrew Cosentino, because they usually pair the black jerseys with their “apostrophe catastrophe” caps.
- Here’s a TV news report on the shop that does the Mariners’ stitching. (Thanks, Phil)
- Mets 2B Jeff McNeil is your 2022 MLB batting champion — and a proud stirrups wearer. Coincidence? I think not!
- Mood indigo: Kenneth Traisman points out that 11 of the 12 MLB playoff teams — all except the Padres — wear a least a little bit of blue on their uniforms.
- Andy Bronson has done absolutely heroic work putting together this uni-tracking spreadsheet for the 2022 season. He’s also created this lengthy Twitter thread of fun facts based on the spreadsheet data. Just the thing to tide you over until the playoffs start tomorrow!
- The Magic Kingdom at Disney World has a scarecrow in a baseball uniform. (From @MrNursfen)
- The Ravens will wear their mono-black alternates this Sunday. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- The Browns are going with their mono-turd Color Rush unis this Sunday. First time they’ve worn them since 2020. (Thanks, Phil)
- Black-teal-black this week for the Jags. (Thanks, Phil)
- Here’s some pretty good drone-shot video footage of the Panthers’ field being painted with throwback logos for last week’s game.
- With the Packers playing in at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London this Sunday, the team posted some Packers-themed soccer kit concepts. (From Bryan Van Stippen)
- Speaking of the Pack, they have a few uni number switcheroos.
- Here’s a good video clip of the striping tape and decals being applied to a New England “Pat Patriot” throwback helmet. (From Joe Giza)
- New masks for the Islanders’ goalies. (From John Muir)
- Caps LW Alex Ovechkin had an odd striped tape job on his stick during a recent practice. (From Brandon Weir)
- The Hurricanes have given their P.A. announcer a jersey to wear during games. (From Al Hood)
- The Sabres haven’t yet unveiled their new “goat head” throwback, but here’s an article about the guy who oversaw the design.
- The ECHL’s Norfolk Admirals are rolling out a new program of “City Series” sweaters, to be worn this season against select opponents. (From Nick Pieper)
- Interesting article about the various types of F1 tires.