In today’s Ticker: The return of Pat Patriot, BYU’s new BFBS uniforms, and Jaguars’ coach Doug Pederson gets in on a jersey swap.
- A St. Louis Post-Dispatch writer interviewed 50 Cardinals fans who were wearing Adam Wainwright’s No. 50 jersey at Busch Stadium on Sunday, as Wainwright started his final game of the regular season.
- Speaking of Wainwright, he wore an old Majestic pullover during a ceremony Sunday celebrating Albert Pujols’s and Yadier Molina’s final regular season home game. (From @PhxAhole)
- The Phillies’ TV broadcast uses a little bullpen cart icon when there’s a pitching change. (From Dave Landesberg)
- Virginia is in the midst of its annual “Orange & Blue World Series,” and during Monday’s game, the “Blue” team wore white uniforms. (From @maybeifollowyou)
- Pat Patriot will return to Foxboro on Sunday as the Pats will reportedly debut their new throwbacks. (From @treyj1234)
- Eagles C Jason Kelce did a jersey swap with Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson following Sunday’s game — well, not technically a true jersey swap, but Kelce traded his jersey for his former coach’s jacket. Is this the first time we’ve seen an NFL coach take part in a post-game wardrobe swap?
- Christian Lorenz, the keyboardist and main composer for the German rock band Rammstein, posted a photo to Instagram that shows him wearing a Vikings jersey. (From Kevin Weir)
- We’ve somehow gotten this far into the season without noting that the 49ers are wearing a “39” memorial decal for Hugh McElhenny.
- BYU will wear black jerseys and pants along with a new blue-to-black gradient helmet when they take on Notre Dame in Las Vegas on Saturday.
- Meanwhile, Notre Dame will be wearing their new Shamrock Series uniforms. (Thanks, Phil)
- Tennessee will go GFGS Saturday at LSU. (From Lee Wilds)
- Yale will wear fauxback uniforms on Saturday as part of the team’s 150th-anniversary celebration. The cream-colored jerseys with a diamond pattern running down the center are modeled after jerseys worn by Walter Camp when he played at Yale in the late 1870s. (Thanks to all who shared)
- Strand of Oaks frontman Timothy Showalter posted a photo of his youth football uniform, which included a team name typo. (From Jimmy Lonetti)
- The Capitals have announced which games they’ll wear their blue alternate sweaters. (From our own Jamie Rathjen and Bryan Martin Firvida)
- The Jets have unveiled a statue of former C Dale Hawerchuk outside their arena. They also wore alternate uniforms with a throwback logo during Saturday’s preseason game to mark the occasion. (From Wade Heidt)
- New third sweaters for Syracuse’s men’s club team. (From @RyanInNiles and John Muir)
- The Belfast Giants of the Elite Ice Hockey League in Great Britain have unveiled a new mascot. (From Kary Klismet)
- Blake Griffin will wear No. 91 for the Celtics as a tribute to Dennis Rodman. He’s the first Celtic to wear that number, and only the fifth to do so in NBA history. (From our own Anthony Emerson)
- A Pelicans blog spoke with the founder of the design firm that helped with the team’s renaming and rebranding process about a decade ago, about what may be next for the Pelicans’ look.
- This is pretty cool: a video tour of the abandoned Arco Arena, former home of the Kings. (From Steve Sher)
- Mash-up wardrobe: Here’s a shot of Warriors G Klay Thompson working out while wearing a 2013 Team USA practice jersey, a pair of 2013-14 Santa Cruz Warriors shorts, and a pair of 2016 Eastern Conference All-Star socks. (From @itstheshorts)
- Victor Wembanyama, a potential future first overall pick, was recently profiled by Slam magazine. The cover photo shows Wembanyama in a jersey without a Puma makers mark, while inside photos show him wearing the Puma logo. @luc1311 points out that Wembanyama has an endorsement deal with Nike.
- South Georgia Tormenta FC of USL League One has opened a new stadium. (From Kary Klismet)
- Several F1 drivers wore one-off helmet designs for Sunday’s Singapore Grand Prix. (From Kary Klismet)
- A local TV station in Detroit is holding a bracket-style tournament to determine the city’s best pro sports logo.
- Augusta Margaret River Hawks faced South Bunbury Tigers in the South West (Aussie) Football League Grand Final the other day. Check out the cool program cover artwork! (From Allan Jennings)
More on Uni Watch