In today’s ticker, we’ve got the journey of Jackie Robinson’s equipment bag, our weekly rundown of what college teams are wearing this weekend, and more!
- Jackie Robinson once gave his old equipment bag to a young Dodgers prospect. The bag eventually ended up in that prospect’s tool shed, and is now heading to auction. (From Trevor Williams)
- In honor of the Eagles debuting their new throwbacks this weekend, the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s website has a piece about Hall of Famers who wore the original versions of the team’s various kelly green uniforms. (From Kary Klismet)
- The Eagles cheerleaders will also have new uniforms. (Thanks, Phil)
- Here’s a magazine cover featuring Y.A. Tittle wearing No. 18, a number he never wore in the NFL. (From Tom Pachuta)
- Iowa’s Instagram account has provided further sneak peeks of the gold (yellow) alternates the Hawkeyes will wear on Saturday. (From Kary Klismet). Here’s another look. (Thanks, Phil)
- Michigan State has put together a brief photographic history of Spartan Stadium as it celebrates its 100th anniversary.
- Here’s a list of 100 fun facts about Nebraska’s Memorial Stadium.
- Speaking of Memorial Stadium, this story explains how the collapse of a section of the stadium in 1993 led to a series of renovations that have saved it from demolition.
- Here are this weekend’s unis for ASU, Oregon, Washington State, Michigan, Virginia, Washington, Air Force, and TCU.
- Casey Vitelli, the graphic designer behind @nbaunitracker and @wnbaunitracker (and today’s lede article), has compiled every known NBA uniform for this upcoming season into a single graphic. (From @ProLineMockups)
- FootyHeadlines has a mockup of the new USMNT and USWNT jersey. (Thanks, Phil)
- Morocco has indicated that it will build a new stadium and refurbish six others as co-host of the 2030 World Cup with Spain and Portugal. (From Kary Klismet)
- Here’s a fun thread of soccer players modeling kits they never wore in a competitive match.
- Brazil: New fourth kit for Botafogo and third kit for Santos.
- Germany: Saarbrücken have unveiled their 120th anniversary kit.
- Zhou Guanyu of the Alfa Romeo Formula One team has unveiled a new helmet for this weekend’s United States Grand Prix in Austin. (From Kary Klismet)
- The creators behind Fan Controlled Football are now introducing Fan Controlled Racing, an auto racing circuit where fans will choose the paint schemes for the teams’ cars as well as set race-day strategies. What could possibly go wrong? (From Kary Klismet)
- The student newspaper for Springfield College in Massachusetts has published an extensive history of the school’s journey from using culturally insensitive mascots to adopting the team name “the Pride” in 1995. (Kary Klismet)