Happy Friday the 13th! In today’s Ticker, we’ve got some new men’s college hoops unis, a potential new court design leaked in NBA 2K24, and more!
- Spectacular photo here of Bob Gibson waiting on-deck at Fenway during the 1967 World Series. Note the jacket he’s wearing — he has his uni number on both sleeves! Was this common practice at the time? (From @BSmile)
- With the American and National League Championship pairings now set, it’s worth noting that each league features an ad-clad team (Astros, D-backs) facing an ad-free team (Rangers, Phillies).
- Here are the Ravens and Titans uni combos for this weekend’s game in London. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- The Browns are going mono-white this weekend, which I must say is becoming one of my favorite looks in the entire NFL.
- The NFL has told Emily Morgan, the young graphic designer whose redesigns of pro teams have gone viral and whom Paul covered in a Substack piece back in July, to cease and desist using their logos. (From multiple readers)
- Pretty incredible that “the worldwide leader in sports” let this typo get published on their front page. Talk about an apostrophe catastrophe! (From multiple readers)
- Houston had a BFBS field design for last night’s game. (From Ignacio Salzar and Clint Dickinson)
- Fort Valley State QB Kelvin Durham had two mouth guards attached to his helmet during yesterday’s game; apparently only he used only one during actual play.
- Throwback helmets on tap for North Dakota. (From Bob Tuomala)
- Here are this weekend’s uni sets for Mizzou, Tennessee, and UNC.
- The newest NBA 2K24 update adds an alternate court design for the Celtics, though we’re yet to find a screenshot. The Celtics have not formally announced anything to this effect. (From Matt Straub)
- Haas Formula 1 drivers Kevin Magnussen and Nico Hülkenberg will have one-off fire suits for the US Grand Prix next Sunday. (From Jeremy Brahm)