Today in the Ticker: A fun video game and basketball crossover, more uni fallout from the recent Hockey Canada scandal, and updates on NHL uniforms.
- TBS yesterday referred to the Guardians by their former name, which comes off the heels of more Guardians name and logo mistakes from just a few days ago. (From @AntsTweeting)
- In an ad, MasterCard used the seating chart of the long-gone Shea Stadium to represent Yankee Stadium. (From Taylor, who didn’t give his last name).
- As previously reported, the Bears will debut their orange helmets this week. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- Here’s what Bears LB Roquan Smith thinks about the team’s orange look. (Also from Phil)
- One more from Phil: Orange/white/white for the Bengals this week.
- A Patriots radio host asked a few Patriots for their thoughts on the team’s throwbacks. (From Joe Giza)
- Here’s the alternate uni schedule for the Bruins. (From Kenny Saidah)
- The Flames are bringing back their “Blasty” throwback uniforms. That link also includes the dates when they’ll be worn. (Thanks to all who shared)
- The Rangers announced D Braden Schneider’s new number in a graphic with an incorrect name and number font. (From @uniformnerd)
- Here are this season’s NHL-related hashtags that will auto-populate a team logo in Twitter. (From Andreas Papadopoulos)
- The Peoria Rivermen have received their championship rings for winning last season’s Southern Professional Hockey League title. (From Kary Klismet)
- Bauer has suspended its deal with Hockey Canada over the latter’s handling of an alleged group sexual assault involving members of the 2018 men’s national junior team. (From Andreas Papadopoulos)
- The Timberwolves and Lynx are having a huge fire sale of merch this week.
- Cross-listed from the NBA section: The Lynx and Timberwolves are having a huge fire sale of merch this week.
- Sonic the Hedgehog and Pac-Man are seen in a social media graphic promoting a J-League game between Shibuya Sunrockers (owned by Bandai Namco, creator of Pac-Man) and Susanoo Magic (owned by Sega, creator of Sonic). (From Jeremy Brahm)
- Goshen College has unveiled its new costumed mascot, a black squirrel named Dash. (From Kary Klismet)
- Also from Kary: The editorial board of George Washington University’s student newspaper wants Hippopotamuses to be the school’s next team name.
- The latest episode of the podcast 99 Percent Invisible is about the vuvuzela, the South African horn instrument that took over the 2010 FIFA World Cup. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- More AFL Women’s pride designs, this time for Collingwood, Hawthorn, and Freemantle. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)