In today’s Ticker, we’ve got a backwards NFL TV number, a couple of Bobby Knight notes, and more.
- In honor of the Rangers’ title, friend of the site Todd Radom posted some prototype Rangers designs he worked up for the team back in the 1990s.
- After Bobby Knight’s acrimonious departure from Indiana and his arrival at Texas Tech, Knight’s overhaul of the Red Raiders’ program included “Indiana-fying” the team’s uniforms. “I was able to find a couple of allusions to this in press from over the years but nothing too comprehensive or visual,” says David Rahtz. Trying to find photos of pre-Knight Red Raiders basketball is a nightmare, at least using Google and Getty, but it appears that Tech went from these unis with red side panels and the front uni number in between “Texas” and “Tech” to these more simple uniforms, which are closer to what Indiana wore.
- Looks like Dayton men will be bringing back their powder blue unis in December. (From Andy Bentley)
- Wisconsin women have unveiled their 50th-season logo. (From @gjmarmet)
- New court for San Jose State. Certainly a very, um, unique design. (From Paul Simpson)
- England: The Rock dressed up as David Beckham for Halloween, but some fans criticized the costume for using an obviously fake Manchester United jersey. (From Kary Klismet)
- Lewis Hamilton is going with a one-off helmet design for this weekend’s Brazilian Grand Prix.
- The amount of work that’s gone into this artist’s miniature version of the Monaco Grand Prix is astonishing. The track is housed in Hamburg’s Miniatur Wunderland, and a 13-minute video on the track can be found here. (From Ted Arnold)