In today’s modest Ticker we’ve got almost all the major sports (plus hockey) covered.
- The New York Jets will wear green pants for the first time this season when they play in Buffalo today. The Bills will go white/blue/white with blue socks, so the game should be pretty good looking (at least from a uni standpoint).
- Also today: the Houston Texans will create a never-before-worn combo, pairing their alternate red helmets with their CR unis vs. the Arizona Cardinals, who will be in mono-white.
- The Green Bay Packers will wear their 1950s-era throwbacks today against the LA Chargers. Here’s some more information on those unis, and other throwbacks the Pack have worn over the years.
- The Washington Commanders will go mono-BFBS against the NY Giants.
- The Detroit Lions will again wear their monolulu blue uniforms against the Chicago Bears.
- And the Cleveland Browns will be wearing white facemasks (instead of their usual brown) in their matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- ICYMI, the Philadelphia Eagles will again wear their kelly green throwbacks this season, in their Week 12 matchup (next Sunday) against the Buffalo Bills.
- Did you know there was once a Cincinnati Reds NFL team? They didn’t last long and they weren’t very good.
- The U has retired Gino Torretta’s Number 13 jersey.
- The CFL Season concludes today with the Grey Cup (basically the equivalent of the NFL’s Super Bowl, only with about a 50-year longer history) and features Winnipeg vs. Montreal. Unfortunately, the Grey Cup is unavailable on a network or cable channel in the U.S., but American viewers can stream it for free at cfl.ca/plus starting at 6:00 PM Eastern.
- Check out these Roberto Luongo “career retrospective” pads. (From Aaron Pinto)
- Despite the NHL’s previous ruling that teams could not honor individual causes in warmup with specially designed jerseys and garb, the Winnipeg Jets will auction off custom rainbow sweaters for Pride Night on Friday, November 17.
- A uni snafu forced the Kalamazoo Wings to wear the practice jerseys of the Toledo Walleye to begin the game. The Wings’ jerseys had not arrived in time for them to wear them at the start of the game, although the jerseys did arrive later. (From Brandon Weir)
- The WHL’s Saskatoon Blades unveiled new retro jerseys on Friday.
- “Curious to know if there’s any other college in the country that has “University of” on the jersey?” asks Chris Hopkins. “Never seen this before.”
- 100 cap jersey for Sadio Mane. (From Steve Kriske)