In today’s ticker, we’ve got more memorials for UVA, a few new alternates for a Triple-A team, and more…
Uni Watch News Ticker for Nov. 19, 2022
- The El Paso Chihuahuas, Triple-A affiliates of the Padres, have unveiled a 10th season logo as well as three new alternates. (From Dustin L. Meador and Ignacio Salazar)
- The Commanders will be wearing a memorial decal for the three UVA players killed earlier this week. (From Mike Chamernik and our own Jamie Rathjen)
- The Jets are once again going white-over-black this week.
- A number of teams added memorial decals for the three slain UVA players, including Tulane and LSU,
- A number of former UVA coaches who have moved on to other programs will wear UVA gear on the sidelines. (Thanks, Jamie)
- Kickoff specialist Kyle Lowe will wear Frank Beamer’s No. 25 for Virginia Tech at Liberty. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- Here are today’s uni combos for Iowa State, Virginia Tech, and Ole Miss.
- In the 1986 Grey Cup, Edmonton wore bell-shaped patches to honor DB James Bell, who suffered a career-ending injury that season.
- The Sabres will have a 3D helmet logo for their throwback unis. (From Dave Buchanan)
- One of the old Richfield Coliseum floors is still in use at a gym in the Cleveland area, complete with Cavs and Coliseum paint.
- Everyone in attendance at last night’s Rockets game got a “Big E” as part of the festivities around Elvin Hayes’s number retirement. (From Ignacio Salazar)
- The Wizards gave away a cap last night…featuring the logo of disgraced crypto exchange FTX. Oops. (From @e_henn34)
- UVA men have added a memorial patch to their jerseys for the three football players. (Thanks, Jamie)
- The Washington Post has a very fun piece on the design behind World Cup kits. (From Jeff Jacobs)
- UVA women’s soccer had a variety of memorials for the slain football players, including armbands and uni patches. (Thanks, Jamie)
- Brandiose has long been associated with rebrands of various minor league professional teams, but this is the first time I can remember that they’ve worked on redesigning a high school’s visual identity. (From Caldwell Bailey)
1986 bell-shaped patches for Edmonton not just in Grey Cup. They were worn in the regular season as well.
I hope the Sabres used better glue than MLB did when they first started using 3D helmet logos. Otherwise they’re going to spend all game picking little Bs off the ice.
File under NCAAM:
Indiana and Xavier went color on color last night.
That Cavs floor was a beauty. Navy painted areas with orange accents and the dark wood + whatever lighting they used made the games a pleasure to watch