In today’s Ticker, we’ve got a new look for the Maple Leafs, a City Connect confirmation for one prominent NL team, and more!
- The Phillies will get a City Connect uni in 2024, though MLB’s new 4+1 rule should mean that one of their current unis will get nixed. (From Tim Kelly)
- The Oakland municipal government sent a box of goodies to the 29 non-A’s MLB owners in an attempt to sway them against voting for relocation. (From John Cerone)
- We saw the logos for Atlanta’s recently rebranded High-A affiliate, the Rome Emperors. Today we got their uniforms. (Thanks, Phil)
- A blogger asks, how should a team as traditional as the Packers approach the “new era” of football uniforms? (Thanks, Phil)
- The logo for the 111th Grey Cup has been unveiled. (From Wade Heidt)
- The Arena Football League is back (again… this feels like the third iteration of the league at least). Reader Doug Brooks notes that no less than five teams have cowboy hats in their logos.
- Northeastern and UNH men went color-on-color last night in Boston. (From Jack Sinclair)
- The NBA is requiring Hornets PG LaMelo Ball to cover up a tattoo below his left ear due to a rule prohibiting corporate logos from being displayed on players’ bodies. (From @NY_Raider)
- UNC men wore Carolina Blue at home because UC Riverside forgot to bring their road unis for their visit to Chapel Hill. (From James Gilbert and Nelson Royster)