In today’s Ticker: Some new minor league baseball uniforms, an underwear superstition for a famous NFL QB, and more.
- Love this 1974 photo of Brewers 3B Don Money posing with a hand-painted base to mark his record-setting streak of errorless games.
- The Double-A Portland Sea Dogs have named their all-time best players by uni number. (Thanks, Anthony)
- The Triple-A Lehigh Valley IronPigs will salute the local Pennsylvania Dutch culture by wearing a hex sign uniform for Saturday home games next year.
- The Double-A Chattanooga Lookouts, drawing upon their home city’s official nickname, will debut “Scenic City” jerseys next season. (Thanks, Phil)
- The University of Wyoming is adding new vomitories (yes, you read that right) to War Memorial Stadium. (From Kary Klismet)
- The Citrus Bowl Stadium in Orlando, Fla., has unveiled renderings of its planned upgrades. (Kary again)
- Here’s one writer’s list of the 20 most underrated stadiums in college football. (Kary yet again)
- Chrome helmets this week for Oregon. (Thanks, Phil)
- New identity and logo for the upcoming Twin Cities-based Arena Football League franchise, which will be called the Minnesota Myth. (From Kary Klismet)
- The court-moppers at the Bucks’ arena will now have a uni advertiser. Additional info here. (Thanks, Phil)
- Hornets G LaMelo Ball recently wore a Band-Aid over his personal apparel logo tattoo, possibly due to league regulations.
- Here’s what some graphic designers think of the NBA’s new in-season tournament courts. (From Kary Klismet)
- Yeshiva University’s men’s team wore pregrame T-shirts with photos of Israeli citizens currently being held hostage by Hamas in Gaza. (From Mayer Weisel)
- Here’s Red Bull’s livery for this weekend’s race in Las Vegas. (Thanks, Anthony)
- Speaking of Vegas this weekend, driver Esteban Ocon will wear a Deadpool-themed helmet. He drives for the Alpine F1 team, which is part-owned by Deadpool actor Ryan Reynolds. (From Lee Wilds)
- New logo for Richmond Raceway.
- New shirt advertiser for Gaelic games side Dublin GAA. (From Bryan Martin Firvida)
- Here’s a fun video about Delta State University’s Fighting Okra mascot. (From Kary Klismet)
- Ketcham High School in Wappingers Falls, N.Y., has dropped “Indians” as its team name and will now be known as “the Storm.” (Kary again)
- Fun little item about longtime apparel designer Stan Herman, who among other things has created uniforms for McDonald’s, FedEx, Avis, the MGM Grand, and several airlines.