Today in the Ticker: At least one NFL QB thinks mono-black is “sexy,” a strange MLB Photoshop job, and more.
- New alternate logo for the Kenosha Kingfish of the summer collegiate Northwoods League. (From Geoff Poole)
- The league has been putting sensors in player equipment such as mouthguards and shoulder pads to analyze player safety. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- The Texans will wear their red alternate helmets this week and are going with their Color Rash unis. (From multiple readers)
- Ravens QB Lamar Jackson thinks the team’s mono-black look is “sexy.” (From Andrew Cosentino)
- Left over from the weekend: Patriots CB Jack Jones was missing the NFL shield on his jersey.
- Reader Brad Eenhuis was watching an NFL Network show when they showed some highlights of former Browns QB Frank Ryan. The team had its name painted in the end zone rather haphazardly.
- Helmet expert Blaise D’Sylva has the lid news this week for TCU.
- The Sabres wore patches and stick tape last night commemorating F Kyle Okposo’s 1,000th career game. (From Dimitrios Kokkins)
- The Stanley Cup champion Vegas Golden Knights visited the White House on Monday, where they gave President Biden a jersey with his name and the number 46 on it. (From Kary Klismet)
- New court for Marquette. (From Kary Klismet)
- The Wisconsin Herd, affiliate of the Bucks, will wear homelessness-themed uniforms next week. (From Brian Kerhin)
- The Papua New Guinea 3×3 national teams got new uniforms ahead of their appearances at the upcoming Pacific Games in the Solomon Islands. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- The Portland Timbers have announced a new jersey advertiser. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- Williams Racing has unveiled its livery for the upcoming Las Vegas Grand Prix. (From our own Anthony Emerson)
- Here’s how the National Gallery’s ice rink in Washington, DC is built. (From William F. Yurasko)
- Owego (N.Y.) Apalachin High School has a new team name (“River Hawks”) and logos after dropping its former Native American-themed identity. (This and the next two items are from Kary Klismet)
- The Massachusetts legislature is considering a new bill to ban the use of Native American team names and mascots in the state’s public schools.
- This article explains the “chef’s hat” helmet coverings that members of the Israeli armed forces wear.