In today’s Ticker, we’ve got a little bit of everything!
- Here’s a neat Jackie Robinson “baseball” card, featuring him wearing a 372nd Infantry uniform. (From Gary Cieradkowski) And here’s one for Stan Musial.
- There is a local grocery store in Arizona selling balloons with a Dbacks word mark that hasn’t been seen/used for 8 years. (Good spot by Steve Sher)
- Check out this absolutely gorgeous Negro League Baseball1945 KC Monarchs road uniform which was auctioned off yesterday. (From HowBoutThosePanthers)
- Should actually be a pretty good looking game today in Baltimore, with the Ravens going black/purple/white agains the Browns in their orange pants.
- Unfortunately the same can’t be said for the Vikings/Saints, where New Orleans has chosen to go with black yoga pants.
- Check out this sorta-psychadelic NFL artwork from the 1970s. (From John Turney)
- Cool move by the Vikings, who dedicated their equipment room to former equipment manager Dennis Ryan. He’ll also serve as an honorary captain in today’s game. (From Lee Wilds)
- Here’s a look at the 2023 Pro Football Hall of Fame Veteran Day pin. (From Bill Walker)
- Did you know there is a Nittany Lion weathervane at Beaver Stadium? Now you do. (From L. J. Sparvero)
- Pitt and Syracuse played in Yankee Stadium yesterday, and a really fantastic logo was created, but apparently didn’t appear anywhere. (From Ryan McNaughton) What could have been. (From Jimmer Vilk)
- Here’s an interesting look at a Colorado State University jersey featuring Kanji characters. Google translate says, “For the rest of the season, Hidetora Hanada’s nameplate will have his name written in kanji. We want him to remember home! He is a great addition to our team!” (From Aaryck)
- Per a source, Vegas Golden Knights goaltender Logan Thompson was not allowed to put a Cancer ribbon on his helmet.
- It’s no secret the Rangers will have a new third sweater this season. With the team breaking out new blue helmets at practice, is this another clue it will be released soon? (From R-Millz)
- Here’s a new one (at least to me): The Fabulous Cadillacs (a musical group) is prohibiting fans from wearing soccer jerseys to their concerts.