In today’s ticker, we’ve got potential changes on the horizon for the Broncos, some World Baseball Classic uni news, and more!
- Embarrassing: MLB’s uni advertiser for umpires, the crypto exchange FTX, has filed for bankruptcy after their entire exchange collapsed and salacious details about the personal life of CEO Sam Bankman-Fried were revealed. FTX is also the naming advertiser for the Miami Heat’s arena, and also advertises on Mercedes F1 cars. (From multiple readers)
- Japan have revealed their uniforms for next year’s World Baseball Classic. Those classic pinstripe unis are amazing. (From Jeremy Brahm and Germán Cabrejo)
- On Thursday night, the Rangers hosted many players’ fathers in a luxury box. They gave each father one of their son’s jerseys, but with woefully inaccurate NOB arching.
- Germany: Borussia Mönchengladbach hosted a “diversity match” yesterday, wearing their black third kits with rainbow accents. On Thursday, the club put out a statement expressing their opposition to the World Cup being held in Qatar, so it’s likely the timing of their diversity match was deliberate. (Thanks, Jamie)
- Sticking in Germany, the Bundesliga’s official English Twitter page posted some American football helmet designs promoting their last matchday before the World Cup break. (From Billy Braden)
Give the Gift of Uni Watch!
This holiday season, I hope you’ll consider getting a Uni Watch Plus subscription or a Uni Watch Premium subscription — or both! — for a friend, family member, or colleague who Gets It™. In addition to spreading the gospel of athletics aesthetics, you’ll also be helping out Uni Watch, which depends on reader support. Think how much fun it’ll be to have someone else in your life who you can talk about Uni Watch with!