In today’s modest Ticker, we’ve got highlighter green baseball unis, mismatched Vikings purples and more!
- Here’s a ranking of all the Pittsburgh Pirates uniforms, from worst to first. Kinda surprised they did this before the team’s CC unis are introduced.
- Here’s a video of how the Seattle Mariners CC unis came together.
- The Chicago Cubs gave away a Billy Williams bobblehead last night. Tweeter Tim Shriver points out “here (sic) wore number 26, not 1.”
- Tim Kelly thinks Atlanta’s City Connect uniforms look like a knock-off that would be sold by an unlicensed vendor outside of the stadium when compared to the originals.
- The Cleveland Guardians’ slugger Josh Naylor had his jersey give-away yesterday. Turns out, jerseys are one of Naylor’s passions. He has a wide assortment of pro jerseys from throwbacks to alternate colorways to current players in the NBA, NFL and NHL. (From Marty Stevenson)
- We’ve seen the Minnesota Vikings wearing mis-matched shades of purple in their earlier years, but wow — check out this team photo with about a 50/50 split of light and darks. (From John Turney)
- The above of course prompted a look at Vikings jerseys with two shades of purple on a single jersey. (From Tony Barnack)
- BFBS in the college ranks is apparently so much of a thing that this article suggests Michigan State football “needs” a black uniform.
- Some interesting points here regarding the XFL’s Arlington Renegades logo. (From Jason Ginsburg)
- “Throwback” merch: reader Eric Travers “(p)ulled this from my collection. Bought in the 1980’s a player used Alex English reversible practice jersey and shorts. Shirt tagged don Alleson xl and shorts Russell athletic L.”
- Michael Jordan’s 1992 Olympic “Dream Team” No. 9 jersey has sold for $3,030,000.
- The President and First Lady celebrated the LSU women’s and UConn men’s champion basketball teams at the White House, and of course, received “POTUS” and “FLOTUS” jerseys.
- Alex Ovechkin played in an off-season alumni tournament for Dynamo Moscow and wore his Washington Capitals helmet and gloves.
- For those of you who care about such things, here’s a list of the top-selling MLS jerseys for the 2023 season.
- The players of Luton Town, who are back in England’s top flight since 1992, hold the shirt of captain Tom Lockyer who collapsed early in the EFL Championship Playoff Final. (From James Beattie)
- In an all-UNC NCAA women’s doubles final, the scorebug showed one team as UNC and the other as N CA. (From James Gilbert)