In today’s Ticker, we’ve got a vintage NFL pin set, a unique stirrup style on an MLB player, and more!
- A blogger has ranked every current White Sox uni. (Thanks, Phil)
- The Orioles will have a new field design to go along with their City Connect unis, which debut tonight. (From Andrew Cosentino and Marcus Hall)
- Reds OF TJ Friedl Gets It™. That stirrup style went out-of-fashion in the mid-2000s. (From Kris Hull)
- OSU’s women’s teams are called the “Cowgirls,” but softball head coach Kenny Gajewski was wearing a “Cowboys” cap during last night’s game.
- The Frontier League’s New Jersey Jackals have unveiled some “Silk City” alternates, complete with a Hinchliffe Stadium patch on the sleeve. (From Dan Cichalski)
- The Browns have revealed the two finalists for their new dawg logo. (From David R. Moravcik)
- Reader @CoryRobert shared his complete 1994 NFL Shield pin set, distributed by the Quality Markets supermarket chain. Lots of really cool designs here, but gotta love how the Raiders just went with their logo and nothing else.
- Florida is evidently adopting BFBS unis this year. Here’s hoping they wear them at night — I wouldn’t wish wearing black in the Gainesville sun on my worst enemy. (Thanks, Phil)
- Spartan Stadium is turning 100 this year, so Michigan State will have a helmet decal commemorating the milestone. (From Kary Klismet)
- During TNT’s NHL Face-Off ahead of last night’s Stars/Knights game, Wayne Gretzky explained why he started his famous “jersey tuck.”
- The Winnipeg Sea Bears, the newest expansion team of the Canadian Elite Basketball League, have unveiled their inaugural unis. (From Wade Heidt)
- Sacramento has released updated renderings of a planned new stadium for Sacramento Republic FC of the USL Championship. They have decided to move forward on building despite having been passed over in favor of San Diego in the latest round of MLS expansion. (From Kary Klismet)
- New athletics logo for Lewis University. (From David Ridderhoff)