In today’s Ticker: Video captures a batting helmet logo falling off during an at-bat, an NFL game goes into the “5th quarter,” and more.
- Yankees P Michael King tossed his malfunctioning PitchCom device into the stands the other night.
- MLB The Show 23 is showing the Orioles’ new CC uniform with an orange undershirt. The team used black at the unveiling. (From @uniformsguy)
- The scoreboard at the Rockies’ ballpark went blank during last night’s game. (From Mike Chamernik)
- Orioles P Felix Bautista’s sleeve patch was missing last night.
- Nat P Mackenzie Gore gave his fellow Washington pitchers custom-made basketball jerseys patterned after the Nats’ CC jersey.
- The Double-A Down East Wood Ducks are planning a move from Kinston, N.C., to Spartanburg, S.C. (From Kary Klismet)
- Check out this gorgeous old Little League uniform with “Perfection” lettered across the chest. Lives up to its name!
- Nebraska INF Dylan Carey’s helmet logo fell off of his helmet in the middle of an at-bat yesterday. (From Dave Feit)
- Very bright color-vs.-color matchup yesterday, as Pitt and Notre Dame went royal blue vs. kelly green. (From @Patrick_Sean_Jr)
- You’ve heard of birds on the bat? Check this out: bats on the bat! (From Jimmy Lonetti)
- The 2025 NFL Draft will take place in Green Bay.
- Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa, who had major concussion issues last year while wearing the Riddell Speedflex helmet, appears to be trying out the Vicis Zero2. (From @Frankie__Doodle)
- This is funny: When a 1977 Giants/Bears game went into overtime, CBS posted a graphic showing the game being in the “5th” quarter. (Good spot by Ferdinand Cesarano)
- Before former Vikings coach Bud Grant died, he gave the tie that he wore to his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction to current Vikes coach Kevin O’Connell. (From Philip Brown)
- Some new uni number assignments for the Pats.
- New third kit for USL League One side Lexington Sporting Club. (From Ed Zelaski and Ethan Triebsch)
- England: Here’s an article about Arsenal’s 1988-1990 jersey.
- Germany: New home kit, with an anti-racism message, for Hanover 96. (From Ed Zelaski)
- Spain: Real Madrid players all came out wearing No. 20 shirts yesterday in support of teammate Vinicius Junior, who’s been the target of racist abuse from fans. (Thanks, Phil)
- New package design and logo for Kraft Singles “cheese.”
- A kerfuffle has broken out in Canadian politics over the Bloc Québécois’ new branding, which includes a map of Quebec that includes Labrador, which is part of a separate province. (Thanks, Anthony)
- Nice story on the history of Mitchell & Ness. (From Billy Ballas)
- New lacrosse uniforms in the works for all eight PLL teams. Uni Watch lacrosse expert Jared Buccola will have a full rundown next week.
- Speaking of lacrosse, here’s a list of the best NCAA men’s quarterfinals sites. (From Kary Klismet)
- George Washington University’s teams, which were previously called the Colonials, will now be called the Revolutionaries. (Thanks to all who shared)
- The girls’ lacrosse team at Algonquin Regional High School in Northborough, Mass., has debuted new uniforms with the school’s new “Titans” team name, which has replaced the recently retired “Tomahawks.” (From Kary Klismet)