Happy St. Patrick’s Day! In today’s Ticker, we’ve got a really nice new CONCACAF kit, an NFL cap mystery, and more!
- The Raiders introduced new LB Robert Spillane yesterday. Spillane was wearing an old Reebok Raiders cap, which begs the question: Where the hell did that come from? No way the team would give him some leftover stock from the Oakland days, right? Of course, if any team would do that, it’s the Raiders. (From Rudy Gutierrez)
- The Capitals are wearing combined St. Patrick’s Day/environmental-friendliness warm-up jerseys tonight. (Thanks, Jamie)
- Here’s a story about Connor Sports, the company that makes the basketball court for the NCAA Final Four. As you may recall, their wood is being used to make that hardcourt-smoked bacon. (From Kary Klismet)
- CBS’s March Madness score bug abbreviated Louisiana as “L’SIANA,” which is certainly odd. “As a native of the Bayou State, I’ve never seen Louisiana abbreviated L’siana,” says Benji King.
- Marquette’s retired number banners match the uniforms the honorees wore, creating a really nice display inside the arena. (From Peter Evans)
- An artist has created a fully functional basketball court as an art installation inside the Contemporary Arts Museum in Houston. (From Kary Klismet)
- Kevin Harvick will take the wheel of the No. 29 one more time during this season’s All-Star racing, running a sort of fauxback livery to his 2001 rookie victory. (From Christopher Hickey and Wilds Lee)
- Here’s a slideshow of the new uniforms in the Indian Premier League. (From Kary Klismet)