In today’s Ticker: The return of an MLB Mother’s Day jersey, some interesting uni changes in field hockey, and more.
- Here’s one writer’s ranking on the Padres’ current uniforms. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- Cubs P Hayden Wesneski wore the club’s Mother’s Day jersey last night. (From Bill Herron)
- Speaking of the Cubs, they will wear their City Connect unis at home on June 16 against the Orioles. It will be their first time this season wearing the CCs. (From Phil Santos)
- Bit of a switcheroo in the Bronx last night: Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton, who usually goes high-cuffed, went with the pajama look, while teammate Anthony Rizzo, who usually goes with the pajama look, went high-cuffed. (From @Batbeat2)
- No confirmation on this yet, but David Maynard says he’s heard from Stance that there are no Father’s Day socks this year. If true, that would be surprising, especially since MLB players wore Mother’s Day socks last month.
- The Worcester Bravehearts of the Futures Collegiate Baseball League wore neon green uniforms on Friday and even had neon green bases in the infield. (From @viceforever88)
- New numbers for some UNC women’s players. (From James Gilbert)
- England: New away shirt for Peterborough United of League One. (From Ed Zelaski)
- Portugal: New home shirt for Porto. (From Ed Zelaski)
- Saudi Arabia: F Karim Benzema has signed with Al Ittihad. He was presented with a No. 2026 shirt for a photo op. (From our own Anthony Emerson)
- The CONCACAF men’s Champions League is reverting back to its old name of the Champions Cup (which it had until it was renamed the Champions League in 2008) and has a new logo. Says our own Jamie Rathjen: “I think it’s stupid that before this change every confederation (AFC, CAF, the aforementioned CONCACAF, OFC, and UEFA) except South America (CONMEBOL) had named its top men’s club competition the ‘_____ Champions League’ after the European one, so this is welcome.”
- England: Leicestershire County Cricket Club went mono-green in their match yesterday — or as reader R. Scott Rogers calls it, “watermelon.”
- New home jersey for Irish rugby union side Munster Rugby. (From Ed Zelaski)
- Field hockey players will be allowed to wear skirts, skorts, or shorts, as long as they’re the same color and design. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)