Today in the Ticker: Eagles coach Nick Sirianni’s odd T-shirts, Max Scherzer’s thoughts on PitchCom, and a lot more.
- Paul is quoted in this analysis piece about MLB adopting uniform advertisements. (From Phil)
- The Blue Jays reposted a fan’s TikTok that showed him building a Rubik’s Cube portrait of RF George Springer. (From Andreas Papadopoulos)
- Golden State Warriors G Steph Curry visited the A’s stadium the other day for a charitable event with the Eat Learn Play Foundation, and the team gave Curry a custom jersey that included a green-and-gold sleeve patch with the foundation’s logo. (From @OakStadiumWatch)
- Mets P Max Scherzer thinks the PitchCom system should be banned.
- Speaking of the Mets, owner Steve Cohen is lobbying to get a casino built across the street from the team’s ballpark.
- The Winnipeg Goldeyes of the independent American Association of Professional Baseball wore bacon-themed uniforms on Tuesday. (From @mrbh204)
- With many teams opening training camp, you’ll see more players than ever wearing guardian caps — those puffy pads that players wear on top of their helmet. That’s because earlier this year, the NFL passed a resolution requiring tight ends, linemen and linebackers to wear the device during training camp.
- Broncos QB Russell Wilson showed up at training camp wearing an Orange Crush throwback jersey. (From Kary Klismet)
- Eagles coach Nick Sirianni wears T-shirts featuring illustrations of his own players. (From @PhillyPartTwo)
- Staying in Philly, new Eagles WR A.J. Brown recently visited a local sporting goods store and bought his own jersey for everyone in the store. (From Phil)
- The Patriots have a new practice jersey advertiser. (From Joe Giza)
- Speaking of ads, the Bengals are selling advertising in the end zones of their practice fields. (From Michael Kinney)
- Browns players wore T-shirts during camp yesterday that featured their old-school Brownie the Elf logo on the sleeve. (From @joebailey64)
- Former Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn is calling for a referendum that would prevent the Bears from selling the naming rights of Soldier Field to advertisers. (From Phil)
- New helmets for the University of Central Arkansas. (From Chase Becvar)
- Southern Miss has made a slight change to their helmet design. (From Ben Whitehead)
- This listicle runs down the top 10 oldest stadiums in college football. (From Kary Klismet)
- Also from Kary: LSU will host a movie crew that is shooting a film about the school’s costumed mascot, Mike the Tiger.
- New logos for the Canadian Junior Football League and one of the league’s conferences, the Prairie Football Conference. (From Wade Heidt)
- England: Here’s a rundown on all the new uniforms in the Premier League. (From Kary Klismet)
- Also from England: New third kits for second-tier club Preston North End. (From Kary Klismet)
- More England: New third kit for Charlton Athletic. (From Ed Zelaski)
- France: Several teams unveiled new kits designs yesterday, including Bastia, Brest, Le Havre, Montpellier, Toulouse and Dijon. (All from Kary Klismet)
- Italy: Two clubs unveiled new uniform designs — Napoli and Padova. (Both from Kary Klismet)
- South Africa: Kaizer Chiefs unveiled new home and away designs yesterday. (From Kary Klismet)
- Spain: FC Barcelona recently borrowed the New England Patriots’ team plane. (From our own Anthony Emerson)
- Turkey: New kits for İstanbul Başakşehir. (From Kary Klismet)
- Port Adelaide — an Australian Rules Football club that will begin play as an expansion team in AFL Women next season — has unveiled their primary guernseys for their inaugural campaign. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- RPS Online — a new online school in the Rochester School District in Minnesota —has selected “Chargers” as a team name as a way to build school culture among students. (From Kary Klismet)
- 7-Eleven is launching an apparel line featuring the logos of some of its favorite snacks. (From John Cerone)
- A former minor league baseball stadium in Grand Prairie, Texas, is being transformed into a cricket pitch. The stadium will soon host Major League Cricket and will serve as the home for the USA Cricket National Teams. (From Scott Rogers)
- The blog explores the de-colorization of everyday life and objects. (Also from Scott Rogers)
- During their 1979 tour, members of ABBA wore jerseys or team attire based on the city in which they were performing. (From Aaron Pinto)
- The Navy will conduct a fit-test survey among female sailors in Norfolk, Va., with the hopes of designing better-fitting uniforms for women. (From Timmy Donahue)
- Sprite is changing its plastic bottles from green to clear, a move that will make them more recyclable. (From Wes McKinzie)