Today in the ticker: Notre Dame’s new Shamrock Series uni, more soccer kits, and a really rare uni situation at Dodger Stadium.
Uni Watch News Ticker for July 27, 2022
- Weird situation in last night’s Nats/Dodgers game in L.A., as both starting pitchers wore uniforms that corresponded to their names: Nats P Josiah Gray wore grey, while Dodgers P Mitch White wore white. (From multiple readers)
- An arguably even weirder situation in last night’s Giants/D-backs game, as Giants P Carlos Rodon frustratedly kicked a bat in the dugout, which struck teammate Thairo Estrada in the knee.
- The AAPL’s Milwaukee Milkmen’s uniforms looked like umpires’ uniforms last night. (From @hats_and_parks)
- Bourbon brand Jim Beam will give three adult rec league teams personalized and ad-plastered uniforms. (From John Cerone)
- The Commanders’ cheerleading squad will be called the Command Force. (From Trevor Williams)
- Speaking of the Commies: The team is asking fans to choose its new fight song. (From multiple readers)
- Here’s 49ers TE George Kittle reacting to having the top-selling NFL jersey in Mexico. (From our own Brinke Guthrie)
- Notre Dame’s Shamrock Series uniform for 2022 has just been released.
- New helmet for Hawaii. (Thanks to all who shared)
- Michigan State will open its new practice facility next year. It will include a sliding display of the team’s uniform history.
- Florida State has team-branded mouthguards. (From @VictoryCB)
- Icethetics has more info about that Canucks RR leak, and some exclusive info about the Devils’ RR design, in this video clip. (From Phil)
- The Kings will retire F Dustin Brown’s number and unveil a statue of him in February. (From Mike Chamernik)
- The Savannah Ghost Pirates of the ECHL have revealed their new mascot and are asking fans to name it. (From Wade Heidt)
- New court for Mountain View High School in Lawrenceville, Georgia. That center court logo is huge! (From Paul Waters)
- New logos for Tormenta FC of USL League One. (From Bryant Singleton)
- Spain: Barcelona’s third shirt has leaked. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- England: New away shirt for Wimbledon, though there’s a problem with it: Wimbledon’s first shirt is also blue. Our own Jamie Rathjen is guessing that the first shirt is for home games, the second shirt is for away games when there is no color clash, and the (hypothetical, not released yet) third shirt is for away games when there is a color clash. (From Ed Zelaski)
- England: New away shirt for AFC Bournemouth. (From multiple readers)
- Japan: New shirt for Nagoya Grampus. (Also from Ed)
- Poland: New shirt and kit manufacturer for Motor Lublin. (Also, also from Ed)
- Portugal: New shirt, crest, and kit manufacturer for Maritimo. (From Mike D.)
- Pocono Raceway made a Twitter thread of some of the stuff left over in the infield after a race. (From David Firestone)
- New 40th-anniversary logo for Diamond Comic Distributors. (From John Cerone)
- Black, silver, and white cars have taken more and more of the market share since 1990. Thankfully, purple cars have been by far the least common color over the past 30-plus years. (From @Batbeat2)
- Shoe brand Fila has launched a New York pizza-inspired shoe line. (From our own Brinke Guthrie)
- New 15th-anniversary logo for Richter City Roller Derby. (From Haydn Green)
As a life-long Notre Dame fan, these yearly costumes are tired. I get the marketing aspect behind it all and I know I’m not in the target demographic, but simple tradition used to be a thing.
George Kittle has the second best selling jersey in Mexico, behind Tom Brady.
Good lord, the Notre Dame Shamrock Series uniform sucks. Gold on white with no dark outline or background is almost universally terrible, and the wordmark looks like a high school playbill for Cabaret.
Surely Pocono can identify who reserved those camping spots and send them an invoice from Housekeeping, right?
To dovetail off today’s post by Paul, I have a set of raceday rules/etiquette; one is to never litter at the track or the tailgate.
I’ve been to many races there (mostly NASCAR but a few IndyCar events as well…I really miss those)…but have never had the ‘pleasure’ of being in the infield. After seeing that thread, I’ll stick to grandstand seating.
I hate the trend toward colorless cars, but I’m glad to see blue gaining ground. Hopefully green makes a comeback next.
As a Notre Dame fan and one who normally strongly dislikes any alternate jersey, I do think these are better than ones of years past. I’m interested to see how they look on the field and contrasted to BYU’s (if they’ll be wearing any alternate uniforms).
This also demonstrates Marcus Freeman being an upgrade over Kelly so far: link
I love the Car Color By Year chart, both as information & its execution.
A Helmet/Jersey Color By Year for college football might be cool too!
That’s not a 15th anniversary logo for the roller derby team, just a new logo.
I too loved that car color chart. It looks like 1995 was the peak year for purple cars.
New Washington fight song? “Hail to the Commies” has a nice ring to it.
Methinks that even with a revamped fight song, fans will seize the opportunity to sing the tune with the old lyrics.
Solidarity forever might be more fitting.
Dustin Brown as a player, was the worst Captain in the NHL. How about a statue for Marcel Dionne, Dave Taylor, Luc Robataille, Wayne Gretzky or even Anze Kopitar?
Gretzky and Robitaille both have statues if I’m not mistaken…Brown, for whatever your thoughts on him as a player, was the captain of the only 2 Stanley Cup winning teams in LA. Dionne and Taylor have numbers retired and that’s fair enough treatment for them. Kopitar is still active. I would bet he gets a statue upon his retirement as well.
This is why I’m glad my Trojans don’t have alternate uniforms. It’s a slippery slope. ND was the first with good alternate uniforms, breaking out the green jerseys for an occasional big game, usually against USC. Now they regularly have these Shamrock Series clown uniforms.
As for the Milwaukee Milkmen, this is their standard road garb.