Today in the ticker: Notre Dame’s new Shamrock Series uni, more soccer kits, and a really rare uni situation at Dodger Stadium.
- Weird situation in last night’s Nats/Dodgers game in L.A., as both starting pitchers wore uniforms that corresponded to their names: Nats P Josiah Gray wore grey, while Dodgers P Mitch White wore white. (From multiple readers)
- An arguably even weirder situation in last night’s Giants/D-backs game, as Giants P Carlos Rodon frustratedly kicked a bat in the dugout, which struck teammate Thairo Estrada in the knee.
- The AAPL’s Milwaukee Milkmen’s uniforms looked like umpires’ uniforms last night. (From @hats_and_parks)
- Bourbon brand Jim Beam will give three adult rec league teams personalized and ad-plastered uniforms. (From John Cerone)
- The Commanders’ cheerleading squad will be called the Command Force. (From Trevor Williams)
- Speaking of the Commies: The team is asking fans to choose its new fight song. (From multiple readers)
- Here’s 49ers TE George Kittle reacting to having the top-selling NFL jersey in Mexico. (From our own Brinke Guthrie)
- Notre Dame’s Shamrock Series uniform for 2022 has just been released.
- New helmet for Hawaii. (Thanks to all who shared)
- Michigan State will open its new practice facility next year. It will include a sliding display of the team’s uniform history.
- Florida State has team-branded mouthguards. (From @VictoryCB)
- The Savannah Ghost Pirates of the ECHL have revealed their new mascot and are asking fans to name it. (From Wade Heidt)
- New court for Mountain View High School in Lawrenceville, Georgia. That center court logo is huge! (From Paul Waters)
- New logos for Tormenta FC of USL League One. (From Bryant Singleton)
- Spain: Barcelona’s third shirt has leaked. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- England: New away shirt for Wimbledon, though there’s a problem with it: Wimbledon’s first shirt is also blue. Our own Jamie Rathjen is guessing that the first shirt is for home games, the second shirt is for away games when there is no color clash, and the (hypothetical, not released yet) third shirt is for away games when there is a color clash. (From Ed Zelaski)
- England: New away shirt for AFC Bournemouth. (From multiple readers)
- Japan: New shirt for Nagoya Grampus. (Also from Ed)
- Poland: New shirt and kit manufacturer for Motor Lublin. (Also, also from Ed)
- Portugal: New shirt, crest, and kit manufacturer for Maritimo. (From Mike D.)
- Pocono Raceway made a Twitter thread of some of the stuff left over in the infield after a race. (From David Firestone)
- New 40th-anniversary logo for Diamond Comic Distributors. (From John Cerone)
- Black, silver, and white cars have taken more and more of the market share since 1990. Thankfully, purple cars have been by far the least common color over the past 30-plus years. (From @Batbeat2)
- Shoe brand Fila has launched a New York pizza-inspired shoe line. (From our own Brinke Guthrie)
- New 15th-anniversary logo for Richter City Roller Derby. (From Haydn Green)