Today in the Ticker: An MLBer wears the wrong cap, a very odd graphic from an MLB team, and more.
- Utility player Kiké Hernández will wear No. 8 for his second stint with the Dodgers. He originally wore No. 14 for the club, but the Dodgers retired it for Gil Hodges while Hernández was with the Red Sox. (From Noah, who didn’t give his last name)
- Speaking of Kiké, his now-former teammate, Red Sox IF Yu Chang, wore Hernández’s No. 5 sleeve last night. As you can see, Boston wore its City Connect unis. (From Sean, who also didn’t give his last name)
- The Mets posted a graphic showing Mets players wearing home uniforms while getting on the subway to Yankee Stadium.
- The Orioles have posted their uniform schedule for the weekend, which includes their City Connect unis. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- The Astros held “SHSU Night” to honor alumni of Sam Houston State University last night. Attendees received an SHSU and Astros-themed cap. (From Ignacio Salazar)
- Former MLB manager Whitey Herzog appeared in last weekend’s Hall of Fame induction ceremonies using a cane shaped like a Louisville Slugger bat. Herzog has used a cane like this at least once before. (From Matthew Wolfram)
- Nats OF Stone Garrett mistakenly wore the team’s BP cap during last night’s game.
- The El Paso Chihuahuas, affiliate of the Padres, are bringing back their dog-face uniforms. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- The Oncenter War Memorial in Syracuse, N.Y., is hosting a The Basketball Tournament regional but playing on the court from MVP Arena in Albany, New York. You can tell it’s from Albany because the court has markings from Siena College, one of the arena’s tenants. The tournament center court logo is also covering up a SUNY-Albany athletics logo. (From Michael Hochman)
- New jerseys for Creighton. (From gjmarmet)
- New ODI uniforms for India. (From @jpkmets)