In today’s ticker we have fashion-designer Italian soccer kits, the Rams’ new Super Bowl ring design, and one of the biggest soccer teams in the world borrows something from an NFL team.
- The Sixers have unveiled plans to build a new arena in the Center City neighborhood by 2031.
- Spain: Cross-posted from the football section: The Patriots provided one of their two planes to FC Barcelona to fly from Miami to Las Vegas. Who knew Bob Kraft was a culé? (From @DTABR)
- Germany: Bayern Munich is in the Washington area following their preseason match against DC United, and a team delegation stopped by the Pentagon to give the Department of Defense a jersey with the number “9/11” and the NOB “Never Forget.” (From @nine2schenn)
- Italy: Venezia may have been relegated from Serie A to Serie B for this season, but their kits are still going to be drop dead gorgeous. Reader Scott Barkett calls them some of the most sought after kits in the world, and considering they wouldn’t look out of place on a Milan runway, it’s difficult to see that changing this season. (From Antonio Losada)
- South Africa: Orlando Pirates, perhaps the biggest club in South Africa, have unveiled their new kits. (Thanks, Phil)
- New logo for the left-wing periodical Jacobin.
More on Uni Watch