In today’s Ticker: A big cap for a big Cap, some beautifully hand-stitched MLB logos, and more.
- A Redditor posted a series of hand-embroidered team logos from the early 1990s. (From Mike Chamernik)
- New uni number assignments for the Red Sox.
- We’ve talked before about MLB coaches having small pockets sewn in the front of their uniform pants. Here are two more examples: Cubs coach Jack Bloomfield (left) and manager Jim Marshall. (From Joanna Zwiep)
- The NHL’s Buffalo Sabres at their game last night wearing T-shirts supporting Bills S Damar Hamlin. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- 49ers QB Brock Purdy’s jersey from his first two career starts will head to the Pro Football Hall of Fame after he became the first QB in team history to win his first three starts.
- Mono-teal for the Jaguars on Saturday after a fan vote.
- Capitals F Alex Ovechkin scored a hat trick on Saturday. Someone threw a giant Capitals cap onto the ice in celebration, and Ovechkin wore it briefly. (From Max Weintraub)
- Cross-listed from the football section: The Sabres arrived at warmups last night wearing T-shirts supporting Buffalo Bills S Damar Hamlin. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- Red helmets for the Hurricanes again on the road last night. Third straight road game they’ve done that. (From Gabe Cornwall)
- New unannounced shirt ad for the India men’s national team.
- The boys’ lacrosse team from Wahconah Regional High School in Massachusetts received championship rings for winning the state title last spring. (This, and the next three items, are from Kary Klismet)
- New logo for Longwood of Australia’s Kyabram District Football Netball League.
- There’s apparently a booming market for old Irish sports jerseys.