Today in the Ticker: Some Lunar New Year-related uni news, lots of college men’s basketball news, and more.
- The Hickory Crawdads, affiliate of the Rangers, will become the Hickory Dickory Docks for three games in August. (From multiple readers)
- Orange/white/white for the Bengals on Sunday.
- Here are some Cowboys players in 1981 reacting to their then-new blue uniforms. (From multiple readers)
- This article discusses former RB O.J. Simpson’s uniquely shaped head and how, as a rookie, the Bills requested his helmet from USC be shipped to them. (From Brad Eeinhaus)
- Here’s the helmet matchup for UCF’s spring game.
- In a move that should’ve happened way sooner, the Maulers of the USFL will change their color scheme from the purple and orange of the 1984 team to black and gold to match all the other professional teams in Pittsburgh, even if the team will never play in Pennsylvania. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- The Calgary Flames wore Lunar New Year warm-up jerseys on Tuesday. (From Wade Heidt)
- The Capitals are holding a “Hockey Talks” night on Thursday, and the Canadiens did yesterday. For their morning skate, the Canadiens had T-shirts and sticks wrapped with green tape. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- What really goes on in the locker room during NHL intermissions? This Athletic article describes it. (From John Flory)
- This is amazing: Two Canucks fans knitted themselves a pair of hats with a combined “orca and black flying skate” theme. (From James Siddall)
- Reader Ross Taylor designed the uniforms for the Hamilton Steelers of Allan Cup Hockey.
- BFBS for TCU men’s last night. They hosted Oklahoma, who wore their home whites. (From Chris Mycoskie)
- Pink shoes for Georgetown men’s last night. (From @bryanwdc)
- GFGS for Kent State men’s last night. (From @bdschorr)
- Clemson men’s wore their purple alternates at home last night, setting up a purple vs. gold matchup against Georgia Tech. (From @ClemsonUniforms)
- New fifth-anniversary logo for the Canadian Elite Basketball League. (From Wade Heidt)
- The U.S. Postal Service has announced a new women’s soccer-themed stamp to be officially unveiled at the SheBelieves Cup next month.
- Volleyball World (FIVB) is giving the Beach Pro Tour Champions a new trophy made from plastic that had been picked up on beaches where the tournament is played. (From Jeremy Brahm)
- The Nolan Richardson Middle School cheer team from El Paso, Texas, recently had its uniforms stolen.