In today’s ticker, we’ve got Hot Stove uni news, PETA wants Georgia to get rid of Ugga the mascot and more!
- Reader Matthew Drake notes that Twins will have a different colored Nike logo on their home and away jerseys. They join the Red Sox as the only other team in MLB to have two different colored Nike logos on their home and away jerseys.
- The Guardians have unveiled a redevelopment plan for Progressive Field. (Thanks, Phil)
- Are the Houston Astros hinting at wearing either (or both) of these throwbacks this season? (From Matthew McCormack)
- The Vikings are going mono-purple against the Giants. Note that this graphic features a 2019 jersey, due to the presence of the NFL100 logo. (From Dom Ingram)
- Speaking of the Giants, reader Bryan Prouse noticed this notice taped to players’ lockers advising them not to trade jerseys after the game as they’re planning on wearing white throughout the playoffs and cannot get more white jerseys.
- Most people know that the Canadiens wore a shoulder patch depicting the 1976 Summer Olympics logo for the 1975-76 season. But did you know the Maple Leafs wore a blue version on their breezers during that same season? I didn’t, and it certainly seems odd that Toronto would honor Montreal that way, but it was the first time Canada had ever hosted the Olympics, so maybe it was more of a Canadian pride thing for the Leafs. Another look here. (Great find by Christopher Hickey)
- The OHL’s Erie Otters will wear these unis on Jan. 16 in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (From Bryan Martin Firvida)
- The WHL’s Prince George Cougars will wear these unis for Indigenous Night on Jan. 28. (From Wade Hedit)
- In the QMJHL, Sherbrooke Phoenix G Olivier Adam is still wearing the red and yellow gear he was wearing with the Baie-Comeau Drakkar earlier in the season. (From Wade Heidt)
- During the mid ’80s-1990, Red River (ND) High School applied mascot logo decals on their helmets, like football helmets. (From Christopher Hickey)
- Both the men’s and women’s Big Ten tournaments have new logos. (Thanks, Jamie)
- The Purdue men’s club team has new unis. (From Kary Klismet)
- Awkward scene last night in the men’s game between Cornell and Yale, as the camera was set up opposite the court logos, making everything upside down. (From Kevin Hobster)
- The Irish women’s national team will drop their traditional white shorts in favor of navy blue, the latest in a long line of women’s sports teams to do so. (From Sy Hart)
- In addition to a new car, F1’s Red Bull Racing is also teasing a new kit. Just recently the club replaced longtime partner Puma with Castore.
- The ball boys/girls at the 2023 Australian Open tennis tournament will be bearing uniforms designed by Ralph Lauren. (From Graham Clayton)
- Here’s a list of 30 “bizarre” Indiana high school team names. (From Kary Klismet)
- Here’s an article about how producers and costume designers chose what the killer doll in the new horror flick M3gan would wear.
- New uniforms for the Portlaoise women’s field hockey club of Ireland’s Leinster Hockey Assocation. (From Kary Klismet)
- Adidas has lost its lawsuit claiming fashion designer Thom Browne’s use of four stripes on its merchandise violated the German sportswear giant’s “three stripes” trademark. (From Kary Klismet)
- Here’s a history of Nike’s logo. (From John Cerone)