In today’s Ticker, we’ve got a Twitter-themed G-League uni, patch oddities with Manchester United, and more!
- TSN still occasionally uses the old Maple Leafs logo on their app. (From Joseph Whiteside)
- A game-worn Kobe Bryant jersey from the 2007-08 season is going up for auction and is expected to fetch between $5 million and $7 million.
- Ja Morant gave a young fan his game-worn jersey and shoes after her signed basketball was stolen.
- The Miami Heat’s arena will just be known as “The Arena” after the naming rights deal with disgraced crypto exchange FTX collapsed. (From @_RF30)
- Virginia’s women’s coaching staff is wearing sneakers painted by patients at UVa Children’s Hospital tonight (Thursday). The men’s team’s coaches will be wearing them on Jan. 28. (Thanks, Jamie)
- The Cleveland Charge, affiliates of the Cavs, will be wearing NBA Paint-themed unis tonight. For the uninitiated, NBA Paint is a very popular and charming Twitter account where an anonymous artist uses Microsoft Paint to make puns on NBA players’ names. (From Jeremy Brahm)
- England: Last Saturday’s FA Cup tie between Manchester United and Everton saw some strange patch issues for United players Casemiro and Raphaël Varane. As you can see, their FA Cup patches are on their left sleeve, with a blank space on their right sleeve. However, every other United player had the FA Cup patch on their right sleeve and the club’s sleeve advertisement on their left sleeve. Strange. (Good spot by Brian Wick)
- England: One of LeBron James’s new designer kits for Liverpool appears to have leaked online. The kits will only be available to purchase, and won’t be worn on-field.
- Italy: Italian giants Juventus have teamed up with Loro Piana for the club’s suits and formalwear, which Juventus is awkwardly calling its “formal uniform.” The suits will be worn by players coming to and from matches.
- Cadillac’s IMSA team have unveiled their testing liveries for the test at Daytona. (From Matthew Houk)
- Reader Michael Cooperman was in a White Plains, N.Y., Dunkin yesterday and noticed that the “S” on a sign had been installed upside-down twice.
- The Colorado Mammoth have unveiled their 2022 National Lacrosse League championship banner. (From Kary Klismet)
- Kary also sends along a great article on how five ancient stadiums influenced modern stadium design.
- The Celtics’ and Bruins’ arena will retain its corporate-advertised name for another 22 years.
- This SFGate article details where California Gov. Gavin Newsom got his signature grizzly bear jacket. (From @Spesh98)