In today’s Ticker: A very odd footwear ritual in the New York Jets’ locker room, Michigan State men’s hoops goes BFBS, and more.
- Vikings DB Josh Metellus is very proud to wear the captain’s “C.”
- Here’s a time-lapse video of the Ravens’ grounds crew painting the team’s logo in front of Baltimore’s City Hall.
- The Jets require media members to put plastic wrap on their shoes before entering the locker room, apparently because they don’t want reporters tracking dirt into the facility. (From @burkeman78)
- For Monday night’s Cowboys/Bucs playoff game, the Bucs will wear white at home, so the Cowboys will wear blue over white.
- The Bengals, meanwhile, will wear black over white for Sunday’s game against the Ravens.
- Titans P Ryan Stonehouse’s jersey and cleats are headed to the Pro Football Hall of Fame following his record-breaking rookie season.
- Virginia WR Billy Kemp announced a transfer to Nebraska on Monday. “He posted an image of himself wearing a No. 1 jersey and holding up No. 15 and 41 jerseys, which of course are references to the three murdered Virginia football players,” notes our own Jamie Rathjen.
- Kentucky’s men’s team will retire former player/broadcaster Mike Pratt’s jersey on Feb. 4.
- Arkansas men’s is debuting a new alternate uni tonight. (From Matt Snyder)
- Horrible new BFBS uni for Michigan State men’s. (From @twitchynitch)
- During Sunday’s Purdue/Penn State men’s game, the scoreboard had the teams mixed up during the first few minutes of the game. “The scores were correct but the other team’s players were listed underneath each team score, which is why the points didn’t add up properly,” explains Kurt Esposito. “They fixed it after 5 minutes.”
- You know how the San Jose Sharks’ logo shows a shark biting a hockey stick in half? Here’s a fun thread of other team logos showing the team’s mascot character destroying the equipment used in that sport.
- New goalie mask for Frank Scigliano of the National Lacrosse League’s San Diego Seals. (From Jared Buccola)