In today’s Ticker: Lots of soccer news, some Eagles-themed pretzels, and more.
- The Cardinals are still using equipment cases from the 1930s! (From Kevin Eckhoff)
- The Twins are looking to add an ad to their new uniforms. Kudos to the Star Tribune for actually calling it an ad.
- The Astros tweeted a photo featuring their different uniforms throughout the years. (From Brandon H.)
- Slocomb High School in Alabama has retired the number of alum and current Yankee P Clay Holmes.
- Atlanta’s High-A affiliate in Rome, Ga., has released a 20th-anniversary logo.
- A Philly Pretzel Factory location is selling pretzels shaped like the Eagles’ logo ahead of the Super Bowl.
- Several readers have spotted Eagles hats for sale with an unusual “PE” logo.
- Here’s the story behind the Frankenjersey Donna Kelce, the mother of Eagles C Jason Kelce and KC TE Travis Kelce, wore on social media. (From Tom Turner)
- Cleveland Heights High School in Ohio has been lit up in KC red and Eagles green, along with school yellow, ahead of the Super Bowl. The Kelce brothers both graduated from Cleveland Heights. (From Timmy Donahue)
- Mono-teal is Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence’s favorite uni combo.
- A West Virginia player is upset the school is auctioning off one of his jerseys.
- The Predators wore Black History Month pregame sweaters last night. (From @Juju2Tru)
- Stars G Scott Wedgewood has a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-themed mask.
- The Maple Leafs will be practicing outdoors on certain days this month. These practices are free and open to the public. (From Ted Arnold)
- Also from Ted: Ted commissioned an artist who specializes in paintings of trading cards paint one of his favorite cards: a Tim Horton Topps card from the 1964-65 season. Great detail in this piece!
- The Cincinnati Cyclones, affiliate of the Sabres, will be the Hippos for one night next month. Here’s what they will be wearing.
- A local rink in Saskatchewan has a catwalk for players to descend onto the ice. The catwalk acts sort of like a drawbridge and is lifted back into the roof when not in use. (From Wade Heidt)
- In 1987, hockey gear manufacturer DR predicted what the “Goalie of the Future” would wear in 2023. (From Brandon Weir)
- Twitter is still using SG Donovan Mitchell as their thumbnail image for a Jazz game. Mitchell was traded to the Cavs in September. (From Steve Kriske)
- With Lakers F LeBron James setting the all-time NBA career points record last night, Conrad Burry put together a graphic showing all 52 jerseys LeBron has worn while scoring those points. ESPN did something similar with an animated graphic.
- Speaking of LeBron, he wore a vintage headband last night. (From Mike Chamernik)
- Yesterday, we reported Arkansas men’s would wear jerseys with a classic “slobbering hog” logo on the front for their game last night. Entering last night, Arkansas was 22-7 when wearing a logo on the front of their jerseys. After last night, they are now 23-7. (From Ted Taylor)
- Mardi Gras-themed unis for Tulane men’s last night. (From @osuphil95)
- Red unis at home for New Mexico men’s last night. (From Frank Mercogliano)
- Also from Frank: New Mexico women’s wore pink-trimmed uniforms against San Diego State last Saturday afternoon.
- Ireland: New away kits for Shamrock Rovers of the League of Ireland Premier Division. (This, and the next three items, are from Kary Klismet)
- Italy: New one-off Valentine’s Day shirts for Serie A side Salernitana.
- Italy: New shirts for Cavese of Serie D.
- Uruguay: New shirts for Montevideo Wanderers of the Primera División.
- Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay officially launched their bid to host the 2030 men’s World Cup yesterday. Bleacher Report relayed the news by posting a photo of Uruguay F Luis Suarez and Argentina F Lionel Messi wearing No. 20 and No. 30 national shirts, respectively. (From Steve Kriske)
- Canada: The club formerly known as Varsity FC of League1 British Columbia has changed its name to Nautsa’mawt FC. More photos here. (From multiple readers)
- During the recent Scottish Women’s Premier League match between Glasgow City and Partick Thistle, Glasgow player Linda Motlhalo wore leggings under her shorts — the only player to do so. (From Graham Clayton)
- Australia’s A-Leagues are holding a Pride event on the weekend of Feb. 24-26 (for Australia) and March 4 (for the Wellington Phoenix’s home games). We’ve already covered the centerpiece doubleheader between Adelaide United and Melbourne Victory before but apparently, some other teams will wear Pride designs. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- Also from Jamie: New Carnival-themed shirt for Mainz 05 of the men’s Bundesliga.
- Anyone know what this jersey could possibly be? Reader @RubensteinMat spotted it at a Chicago Bulls home game last month.
- Schools in Edina, Minn., can continue using a hornet logo after a settlement with its creator.
- Here are 10 interesting facts about airline cabin crew uniforms.
- New vehicle registration stickers for the state of New York. (From Brad Loliger)
- At the recently completed Arctic Winter Games, Team Nunavut had extremely colorful uniforms for curling and hockey. (From Will Scheibler)