In today’s Ticker: A new number design in NASCAR, how one NHL team designed their new Reverse Retro uni, and more!
- Some Red Sox players visited Shriners Children’s Hospital, evidently wearing 2022 game jerseys, due to the presence of the Jerry Remy memorial patch and the absence of the team’s new ad patch.
- Here’s the Ravens’ look for when they take on the Steelers on Sunday. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- Former Bulls F Taj Gibson thinks Derrick Rose’s No. 1 and Joakim Noah’s No. 13 should be retired by the franchise. What say you, Bulls fans?
- England: Apparently, England midfielder Jude Bellingham wears No. 22 because a youth coach once told him that, in order to be the perfect midfielder, he had to embrace the qualities of a No. 4 (the traditional number of a defensive midfielder), No. 8 (traditional number of a box-to-box midfielder), and a No. 10 (the traditional number of an attacking midfielder), and 10 + 8 + 4 = 22. The video also features a fun nod to Iván Zamorano, whom we’ve featured before but is always nice to look back on. After Roberto Baggio arrived at Inter Milan, he took Ronaldo Nazário’s No. 10. Ronaldo took Zamorano’s No. 9, so Zamorano wore 18 with a plus sign between the two digits.
- England: Here’s a cool animation showing the evolution of Liverpool’s badge. (From Ben Hagen)
- Ireland: The top Irish division has a new logo, which fans of the league seem to hate. I will admit, my first thought is that it looks like the logo for a failed extreme sports league from 2014.