In today’s Ticker: Lots of college basketball uni news, a soccer-themed hearse, and more.
- Mets INF Luis Guillorme went to MLB’s flagship retail shop in NYC, where he pretended to be a floor clerk and tried to convince customers to buy his own jersey. (From our own Brinke Guthrie)
- Here’s an infographic showing 252 Jazz jersey concepts. (From Ben Schroeder)
- New City-style alternate unis for Northwestern men’s.
- Illinois men’s tweeted the Pantone numbers for their school and Tennessee — both schools wear orange — to announce the upcoming series between the two schools. (From multiple readers)
- Color vs. color for New Mexico vs. San Francisco men’s last Monday. The game was played at a casino arena in Las Vegas. (From Frank Mercogliano)
- New shoes for SG M.J. Collins of Virginia Tech men’s. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- Memphis men’s wore their black alternates last night against Alabama. ESPN’s scorebug, however, displayed Memphis’s score on a blue background. After the first TV timeout, the Memphis portion of the scorebug changed from blue to black, matching their uniforms. (From Griffin Smith)
- Late Liverpool F David Johnson’s body was transported past Anfield, the club’s stadium, in a Liverpool-themed hearse. (From Steve Kriske)
- Yesterday we reported on Rugby New York’s new name, the Ironworkers. Here’s what their new shirts look like. (From Eric Bangeman)
- Twitter Blue, Twitter’s verification system, has a 1980s-style logo.