In today’s Ticker: The Eagles are steering clear of white pants, a fascinating look at hockey stick blades, and an egregious apostrophe catastrophe.
- Twitter began rolling out gold check marks to identify official business accounts yesterday, leading the Twins to make a joke about their updated color scheme. (From R. Scott Rogers)
- The Eagles on Sunday improved to 11-0 under coach Nick Sirianni when wearing green or black pants. (From Kurt Esposito)
- Speaking of the Eagles, WR DeVonta Smith is among the players that has a hand warmer pocket built into his jersey. (From Will Moore)
- The Commanders will face the Giants on Sunday — their second game in a row against Big Blue. The last time they played the same opponent in back-to-back games was in 1966, when they faced Pittsburgh twice in a row. That second matchup against the Steelers featured a uniform snafu (soft paywall) — Washington brought white jerseys and gold pants to Pittsburgh, but the Steelers also planned to wear that same combo. The Steelers’ equipment staff had to scramble to grab black jerseys before kickoff. (From John Gagosian)
- Fox Business channel had an apostrophe catastrophe yesterday in a segment about the Niners. (From Josh Claywell and Jason Collins)
- Pats QB Mac Jones appears to have looser sleeve tailoring for his throwing arm.
- NESN had a great in-game segment about Bruins LW Taylor Hall’s new stick blade, and how the blade’s shape affects a player’s shot. (From Ted Taylor)
- It was announced on Saturday that the Flames and Oilers will face off in a Heritage Classic game next season. Here are some uniform concepts for that late-2023 matchup. (From Moe Khan)
- Penguins C Evgeni “Geno” Malkin wore a penguin cap that was definitely not team-issued for a recent postgame presser. (From L.J. Sparvero)
- Gross: The NBA’s latest batch of awards and trophies are doubling as car ads.
- Northwestern men’s is expected to unveil a new uniform design today. (From Donald Stricklin)
- Richmond men’s has some very strange shorts striping. (From Jordan Teller)
- North Carolina men’s and the Citadel men’s will play tonight in Chapel Hill, and there will be plenty of baby blue in the stands — the exact same shade of baby blue, at that. (From James Gilbert)
- The NWSL’s Kansas City Current published renderings of their soon-to-be-opened stadium. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- Major League Rugby club Rugby New York has changed its team name to Rugby New York Ironworkers. (From Sy Hart)
- The folks at Ebbets Field Flannels helped create vintage-style replica caps for NASA commentators to wear during coverage of Artemis I’s return to Earth over the weekend. The design was inspired the caps Apollo astronauts wore after returning to Earth.