In today’s ticker, we’ve got Padres radiation protection gear, Star Wars unis in the CHL, and more!
- This nurse has Padres radiation protection gear! Now, do you think this was custom made, or is it officially licensed? (From Brandon Cate)
- Did you know that Charlie O. Finley brought in the right-field fence at Kansas City Municipal Stadium, thinking the Yankees’ success was due to Yankee Stadium’s dimensions. He put a small set of bleachers in the gap between the original fence and new one, and called it “Pennant Porch.” Note that the new fence is not flush to the foul line. Hypothetically, a ball could land in play between the porch and the foul line! (From @texastrevor)
- The Nationals are giving away Josiah Gray bobbleheads next year, depicting the righty in the team’s City Connect uni. (From Katie Lipton)
- The Rocket City Trash Pandas, Double-A affiliates of the Angels, are giving away this cap, the only one of this style in existence, manufactured by accident. (From Paul Simpson)
- Here’s a great shot of the heavy-duty headgear Red Wings LW Errol Thompson had to wear after suffering a broken jaw in 1979. (From Jeffrey Sak)
- When Queen played Maple Leaf Gardens in 1977, the bandmembers were given customized Leafs jerseys. Freddie Mercury wore his during the concert. (From @fullgrownnut)
- Absolutely gorgeous color-vs-color matchup for Syracuse and Pitt last week. (From @artofscorebug)
- Last night, Rochester Americans players warmed-up wearing the jerseys of Rochester-area high school teams. (From @labflyer)
- Sam Alfano of the OHL’s Erie Otters wears No. 33 in honor of former Otters fan favorite Jason Baird, who died at 33. Alfano and Baird are from the same Ontario town, Cayuga. (From Wade Heidt)
- The Kansas City Mavericks of the CHL will wear Star Wars unis tonight. (From Peter Corcoran)
- These Argentina fans had some really unsettling hats depicting stars Lionel Messi and Angel Di Maria.