In today’s ticker: the Bengals announce when they’ll wear their new white helmets, new uniforms possibly leaked for Marshall football, Isles Fisherman Reverse Retro and more!
- The Peoria Chiefs, the High-A affiliate of the Cardinals, are giving away gnome figurines of their mascot, Homer the dog, on Aug. 21. (From Alex Dewitt)
- This blog recaps various number changes made by Commies players this offseason — number changes that have already caused confusion among beat writers.
- The Browns gifted new uniforms to two local high schools yesterday.
- The Bengals have announced which jerseys they will wear in each game this upcoming season. Of note, they will wear their new alternate white helmet twice — once at home against the Dolphins, and once on the road against the Steelers. (From Phil)
- A mink coat belonging to Joe Namath is expected to fetch at least $20,000 at an upcoming auction. (From Tom Turner)
- Arizona State has released a new uniform, and pretty much everyone hates it. (Thanks Phil)
- Texas Tech says it is dedicating No. 3 to a local teen who died of COVID-19 complications last year. Players will vote on who will have the honor of wearing the number ahead of the season.
- Marshall’s new uniforms have reportedly leaked. The new design loses “The Herd” for a more traditional “Marshall.” (From @MBrinstonBerry)
- An Arizona State alumnus has created a series of uniform concepts drawing on the school’s history and the state’s culture. (From @JediASU)
- High schooler Camdyn Stiegeler announced his commitment to Washington with a graphic that includes a Nike-era Huskies jersey, but edited to include an Adidas logo. (From @JayJayDean)
- Looks like the Islanders will have a “Fisherman” Reverse Retro uniform this coming season. (From Phil)
- Icethetics has released a very good video showing all the known and rumored Reverse Retro uniforms & jerseys for the upcoming season. (Thanks Phil)
- The Wild have announced a new jersey advertiser. (Thanks to all who shared)
- Former Canucks D Kevin Bieksa recently revealed that his longtime teammates, twins Henrik and Daniel Sedin, used to switch jerseys during preseason games to mess with opponents.
- England: The Athletic (hard paywall) has published an extensive feature about Ray Thompson, the kit man for the Premier League’s Newcastle United. (From Ted Arnold)
- England: The women of Brighton and Hove Albion went NNOB for a recent preseason friendly against Bayern Munich. (From Graham Clayton)
- England: Someone on Twitter re-imagined British candy bars as soccer jerseys. (From @markinvictoria and @Evading_Review)
- Brazil: Yesterday, we Ticked about the reported leak of Brazil’s World Cup jerseys, but I just wanted to highlight the incredible detail the designers took with the collar button. (From Jeremy Brahm)
- New logo for German men’s volleyball team VfB Friedrichshafen. (From Jeremy Brahm)
- The National Aquarium shared a short story about its iconic logo — and an unused concept logo — on its Twitter page yesterday. (From Nick Allen)
- The Army’s 175th Infantry Regiment, of the Maryland Army National Guard, a storied regiment, is dropping seven of the “battle streamers” that top its flag due to Confederate ties. (From Timmy Donahue)